Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Wrong cover art displayed in Explorer after conversion (Read 2024 times) previous topic - next topic

Wrong cover art displayed in Explorer after conversion

Is it foobar bug or Explorer bug? I need an official answer from someone very close to the foobar's development.

More detailed description (if topic title isn't enough):
I got FLAC or MP3 file. File has cover art embedded - at least 2 images, but there can be more. One of them is "front" of course, other is "back", rest is irrelevant. Embedding was performed using foobar. Chronologically first embedded image was "front", then "back" was embedded and then the rest. Result is OK - both foobar and Explorer shows the same image as thumbnail/cover. Foobar uses default Album Art viewer. But let's say that I converted this file to any other format - it may be FLAC, it may be MP3 or WAV. Transferring of images was enabled. The result is that in converted file foobar will show correct image as front cover, but Explorer shows "back". Always. And this is considered as bug, but I can't say in which app - writer (foobar) or reader (Explorer). When there is only one image in source file, then resulting file is OK for both foobar and Explorer. Explorer is part of Win7 Pro PL x64 SP1 MSDNAA installation.

Reply #1
There's a thread/post about that here somewhere.

Edit, your old thread: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....39&hl=front [ Issues with embedded cover art - Hydrogenaudio Forums ]
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #2
I've found this and this. Maybe it can help.

Edit: fixed links.

Reply #3
Thanks for bringing up the issue. Peter has changed album art tagging for the next version. It will place the front cover as the first image in the tags. And retagging currently problematic files with it will correct the order.

Reply #4
Thanks for leaning over this problem  . I'll try it as soon as it will be available publicly