Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: relative path in playlists (Read 985 times) previous topic - next topic

relative path in playlists

the messages here below are from an old thread... but still seem relevant.

I have two questions:
1) is there an easy way (or any way) to save a playlist with relative path (with forward slashes)?
2) the suggestion here below of using this line of code:

$replace(%path%,Z:\music,../..,\,/)$crlf()

does not work if the path is of a network server (such as my Nas). In this case when I use the path (//Nas_Server/Multimedia/) in the code such as:

$replace(%path%,//Nas_Server/Multimedia/,../..,\,/)$crlf()

The code does not work anymore...

Thanks for your suggestions.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I use foobar to manage my music and create playlists for use on different machines and hardware players. When i save playlists in m3u format which is what my hardware player supports (mede8er600x3d) foobar 2000 saves them with the drive letter which does not work in mede8er.

Here is an example, both playlists play in foobar 2000

This works in mede8er

../../mp3/Electronic/Nightmares on Wax/Mind Elevation CD1 (2002)/12. Mirrorball.mp3
../../mp3/Electronic/Anubian Lights/Let Not The Flame Die Out (1998)/04. One Eye To The Sky.mp3

This does not work in mede8er and is what i get when foobar saves a playlist.

Z:\music\mp3\Electronic\Nightmares on Wax\Mind Elevation CD1 (2002)\12. Mirrorball.mp3
Z:\music\mp3\Electronic\Anubian Lights\Let Not The Flame Die Out (1998)\04. One Eye To The Sky.mp3

How do i get foobar to save my playlists as in the first example?

For information my playlists are all stored in the following path

Z:\music\playlists\M3U

install foo_utils > http://foosion.foobar2000.org/components/?id=utils

file>preferences>tools>text tools. leave the header and footer blank. in the body put...

Code: [Select]
$replace(%path%,Z:\music,../..,\,/)$crlf()

now add all tracks to playlist, hit ctrl-a to highlight all files. now right click and select legacy commands (unsorted)>save text. when the save text dialog pops make sure you select all files from the save as type drop down box. you can now save where you like.

Re: relative path in playlists

Reply #1
does not work if the path is of a network server (such as my Nas). In this case when I use the path (//Nas_Server/Multimedia/) in the code such as:

$replace(%path%,//Nas_Server/Multimedia/,../..,\,/)$crlf()

This string works for text tools (foo_texttools 1.0.5):
Code: [Select]
$replace(%path%,Z:\music,'//Nas_Server/Multimedia',\,/)
Note the single quotes: '//Nas_Server/Multimedia'. You also don't need $crlf().

if you bind the text tools command to a hotkey (like F8) you can highlight the tracks you want, hit the hotkey and then paste them into an .m3u. I have yet to find any other way to export a Linux formatted playlist.

EDIT: Link to Text Tools 1.0.5: https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_texttools