Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TTA tagging issue (Read 2276 times) previous topic - next topic

TTA tagging issue

Steps to reproduce:
1. Foobar2000 1.3.14.
2. Foo_Input_TTA 3.3 set to write APEv2 only.
3. Add some TTA-encoded album and try to capitalize some track’s title.

Actual: all tags of edited track are gone until “Tagging-Reload info from file” is pressed.
Expected: changed title is displayed right away.

Here is a screencast worth a thousand words.

• Join our efforts to make Helix MP3 encoder great again
• Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is an aberration from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Let's pray that D. Bryant improve WavPack hybrid, C. Helmrich update FSLAC, M. van Beurden teach FLAC to handle non-audio data

Re: TTA tagging issue

Reply #1
Code: [Select]
	if (size == filesize_invalid ||
size == _size) return;
_size = size;

Bug in the decoder: It won't re-read the tags if the file's size hasn't changed.

Reply #2
Bug in the decoder: It won't re-read the tags if the file's size hasn't changed.
I am a mere user without skills to alter sources and compile another binary.
Tried to contact TTA developers by e-mail with no luck.
What would you recommend me to do?
Perhaps you could save the day and present us the fixed version as a New Year gift? :3
• Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is an aberration from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Let's pray that D. Bryant improve WavPack hybrid, C. Helmrich update FSLAC, M. van Beurden teach FLAC to handle non-audio data

Reply #3
Happy almost New Year, I've pushed an updated version to the official foobar2000 components repository, update check should find it.

Reply #4
I've pushed an updated version to the official foobar2000 components repository
Gratitude knows no bounds, Kode54, God bless you!

Reply #5
Another tagging issue popped up, now it is related to adding/removing pictures.
That is Foobar2000 says “attached picture operations not supported for this file format”.
Current workaround is to use 3rd party tagging apps such as MP3Tag or Tag&Rename.
But could we have this ability within Foobar2000, please?

Edit: example of TTA file with front cover attached by CueTools.

Reply #6
Hello?

Reply #7
I'll look into it.

Reply #8
Meow? :3

Reply #9
Code: [Select]
static const char g_apetag_formats[] = "MPC;MP+;MPP;WV;APE;TAK";
Looks like either I'll have to rip out private code from the foobar2000 mobile project and duplicate it in this component, or ask that Peter add TTA to that extensions list that's part of the standard inputs component that also happens to implement the ID3 and APE tag code.

Reply #10
foobar2000 code changed for the next update as suggested.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.