Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fatigue (Read 3296 times) previous topic - next topic

Fatigue

I just did 10 ABX tests on alt preset extreme vs. the original waves and scored 9/10 ... not bad for someone who tested with bad hearing (1.1% chance of guessing).  BUT - after about 6 tries, each test took longer and longer - it was really hard to pick apart.  Is this fatigue common?

The testing software would be better if I could keep the results from my first tests and switch to different songs ... would have lessened the fatigue.

Fatigue

Reply #1
Fatigue is very common, especially at this type of strenuous listening.  I'm kind of sorry for you, though, since you hear the difference between those high bitrates

Congrats!

Fatigue

Reply #2
Just for fun I took a song and encoded it into FLAC, OGG, MP3, and Musepack, along with the original WAV, and tested them blindly myself. For the first couple times I could guess which file type it was, then I couldent. (They were all on the maximum quality possible)

I am guessing it is common
And if you believe theres not a chance to die...

Fatigue

Reply #3
I've guessed many times and got positive abx. Bottom line is that with  high bitrate sensitive tests you really need a confident score ( <1%) if you only do a single trial - or do several trials with a good score. If differences are easy and I am confident of what I am hearing I can settle for 1-3%.