Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: flac troubles (Read 3033 times) previous topic - next topic

flac troubles

newbie here. i just downloaded foobar2000 and the flac plugin. i have some indigo girls and sci flac files that i also had trouble decoding with FLAC Frontend (help with that too?!  i keep getting the FLAC_STREAM_ERROR_DECODER_STATUS_....) anyway i downloaded foobar to listen to these files and i get this:

INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:\Documents and Settings\ehreming\My Documents\BitTorrent\sci2005-10-20.rodeNT4.flac16\sci2005-10-20d1t3.flac" (0)
ERROR (CORE) : error opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:\Documents and Settings\ehreming\My Documents\BitTorrent\sci2005-10-20.rodeNT4.flac16\sci2005-10-20d1t3.flac" (0)
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:\Documents and Settings\ehreming\My Documents\BitTorrent\sci2005-10-20.rodeNT4.flac16\sci2005-10-20d1t6.flac" (0)
ERROR (CORE) : error opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:\Documents and Settings\ehreming\My Documents\BitTorrent\sci2005-10-20.rodeNT4.flac16\sci2005-10-20d1t6.flac" (0)

i'm new to this whole music trading/downloading thing so any other programs/advice you have to offer would be most appreciated.

thanks in advance for help.

flac troubles

Reply #1
seriously? this has been looked at 66 times and no one even has a suggestion?

flac troubles

Reply #2
Since it had an error decoding with FLAC frontend something is wrong with your files. Seeing as you used BitTorrent, is it possible you didn't get a complete downloaded?
"Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored."
—Aldous Huxley

flac troubles

Reply #3
now there's a good man. and from alabama too just like me 

thanks alot for that. so do you recommend i switch from bittorrent to something else or just try to redownload the things?

flac troubles

Reply #4
Redownload.

Or just reopen the torrent and let it really finish the download. Some BT clients report 100% download before it's actually 100% ready. You might have to wait for it to say "finished", "completed" or something like that.