Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FTP - Can't drag files to folder - Mac (Read 1295 times) previous topic - next topic

FTP - Can't drag files to folder - Mac

Hi,

Just trying FTP for the first time to update tracks from a Mac to an Android phone (google Pixel 4a).  I connected to the server ok but can't drag anything to the folder, even though I've got that checked in the Foobar settings.  If I open up a info tab in Finder it says read permission only.

Anyone got any idea what I might be missing?

Thanks!

Re: FTP - Can't drag files to folder - Mac

Reply #1
Moving this to Mobile, since the issue is really about the Android version's FTP server, rather than the macOS desktop version.

Incidentally, the macOS version doesn't really support dragging files outside the app, as I guess it doesn't implement generic file objects into its pasteboard export for that purpose.

Re: FTP - Can't drag files to folder - Mac

Reply #2
Moving this to Mobile, since the issue is really about the Android version's FTP server, rather than the macOS desktop version.

Incidentally, the macOS version doesn't really support dragging files outside the app, as I guess it doesn't implement generic file objects into its pasteboard export for that purpose.

Thanks, I should have been a little clearer.  Foobar2000 is on the android phone, but not the Mac.  I was experimenting to see if I could drag files/folders from the Mac (Finder window) to the Foobar Music Folder using FTP.   It won't allow me to write to the folder.

I'm pretty sure that I've got the server settings correct on the Android, but I wonder is there is an overall setting on the phone that isn't allowing me to write to it.