Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: can foobar 1.4.x read file date stamp ? (Read 1155 times) previous topic - next topic

can foobar 1.4.x read file date stamp ?

Hi
i have searched a lot
but i have found only old topics
like https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,57236.0.html or other links but again they are old

well does foobar 1.4.1 read file stampdate (for example created/modified in  year 2016 )?
i mean not added in the database but file created at...

or have i use an utility like mp3tag or foobar to add this tag in my music collections

thanks

Re: can foobar 1.4.x read file date stamp ?

Reply #2
Hey there,

There is a %last_modified% in the Title Formatting Reference doc, but that seems to be it. Not sure how useful really.

I did a quick search and I think the last word by a developer on this feature request for a %file_created% type of field was five or so years ago -

Just stopping by to let you know that Peter is aware of the request, but it can't be added nicely with the existing API.

So I guess the only way is to make it a custom tag. (I guess using MP3tag?)

Cheers :)

Reply #3
Hey there,

There is a %last_modified% in the Title Formatting Reference doc, but that seems to be it. Not sure how useful really.

I did a quick search and I think the last word by a developer on this feature request for a %file_created% type of field was five or so years ago -

Just stopping by to let you know that Peter is aware of the request, but it can't be added nicely with the existing API.

So I guess the only way is to make it a custom tag. (I guess using MP3tag?)

Cheers :)
hi
so should i use mp3tag ?
but what tag can i use ? i mean which new tag can foobar read?
thanks

Reply #4
There is no proper tag so just name it whatever you like, I guess.

EDIT: Or from the thread I linked above -

^as you're updating your files regularly, perhaps you wouldn't mind adding your own custom date created tag? mp3tag can write this by using it's own %_file_create_datetime% field.

Just experiment to see for yourself. I'm not really sure this would be worth the trouble to be honest.

Reply #5
Try foo_stnaa.