Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album List Panel sorting by year (Read 2852 times) previous topic - next topic

Album List Panel sorting by year

I would like my Albums to be sorted by year WITHOUT displaying the year in the album tree

eg I have:

Pearl Jam
>1991 Ten
>1993 Vs
>1994 Vitalogy

I would like:

Pearl Jam
>Ten
>Vs
>Vitalogy

Can I do this with a custom string?

Reply #1
No.

Reply #2
No.

Well that was easy to answer.  No wonder I couldn't figure out how to do it.
This add-on clearly need a sort order as you have in the playlist view in ColumnsUI

Reply #3

No.

Well that was easy to answer.  No wonder I couldn't figure out how to do it.
This add-on clearly need a sort order as you have in the playlist view in ColumnsUI

You might be interested in foo_playlist_tree.  It allows you to show listings of albums and such similar to album list, but is more powerful.
There used to be a link to my website here.

Reply #4
You might be interested in foo_playlist_tree.  It allows you to show listings of albums and such similar to album list, but is more powerful.

Thanks
So foo_playlist_tree works for the media library as well as playlists?  Also, does it solve my problem as described above?

Reply #5

Thanks
So foo_playlist_tree works for the media library as well as playlists?  Also, does it solve my problem as described above?

Yes (to both questions)

Reply #6
Thanks to all, I'm going to check it out