Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iPod manager (Read 2220049 times) previous topic - next topic

[seemingly abandonware] iPod manager

Reply #3675
I can't send aa and aax (Audible) to iPod Classic. It says they're not supported by the iPod, but they are as a matter of fact - on Apple's website. What's wrong?

You need a component iPhoneCalc.dll that must be placed manually into the folder "Components" and restart foobar and don't forget use "Enable" in Preferances
last.fm | bulletproof2k

Reply #3676
It's still not working.

Reply #3678
Firstly, I don't want to convert it to aac or mp3 because it's already lossy. What's more, foobar can't decode these files so how could it encode them to aac or mp3. I want to have it transferred to the device to the right place as it is.

Reply #3679
Firstly, I don't want to convert it to aac or mp3 because it's already lossy. What's more, foobar can't decode these files so how could it encode them to aac or mp3. I want to have it transferred to the device to the right place as it is.

iPhone Folders or no.

I can't send aa and aax (Audible) to iPod Classic. It says they're not supported by the iPod, but they are as a matter of fact - on Apple's website. What's wrong?

Among the many music formats iPhone understands only the following:

•  AC (16 to 320 Kbps)
•  AIFF
•  AAC Protected (from iTunes Music Store)
•  MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps)
•  MP3 VBR
•  Audible (format 2,3,4)
•  Apple Lossless
•  WAV

Your formats:

??, aax - Audible Enhanced Audiobook File, You can send only iPhone, iPod using iTunes only!!!

iPod manager does not support these formats, but the version of the component test, possibly by its developers and solve your problem after a while)))
last.fm | bulletproof2k

Reply #3680
I also hastily upgraded to the latest (10.5) iTunes (Windows 7 x64), giving me the "Failed to locate function AMDeviceNotificationGetThreadHandle" error.

Removing iTunes (including the 3 additional "Apple ..." installed program entries) and installing 10.4.1 again (available from here), as well as deleting the iTunes metadata folder under "My Music" has fixed everything and not resulted in any further problems.

And "check for updates automatically" has now been disabled in the iTunes preferences!

I tried this, it didn't work for me
A couple of days ago, my sister installed the new iTunes on my computer, and since then, I have been getting the "Failed to locate function AMDeviceNotificationGetThreadHandle" error.
I tried the following things:
-reinstalling the older 10.4.1 iTunes with your above instructions
-updating foobar
-updating foo_dop

None seem to work, still get the error. Can't access my iPod

Try uninstalling ALL components of iTunes including:
-iTunes
-QuickTime
-Apple Software Update
-Apple Mobile Device Support
-Bonjour
-Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

Then reinstalling iTunes 10.4.1. For me, simply installing an earlier version of iTunes (I also went with 10.4.1) didn't do the trick on its own, rather, I had to reinstall all these other components as well before foo_dop would recognize my iPod Touch.

Reply #3681
  How this will solve his problem?
last.fm | bulletproof2k

Reply #3682
Yeah, it seems foo_dop doesn't support them, although the support would be very welcome as I don't want to use that sh*tty iTunes.

Cheers.

Reply #3683
  How this will solve his problem?

cowbell40 is re-iterating that it's necessary to remove several other Apple components that install with iTunes before installing the older version to rollback to a working state (as I stated in my original post).

- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

These components are also involved in managing the USB connection to the device.
I don't believe QuickTime & Bonjour matter, but removing them too shouldn't do any harm.

It sounded like sixtyeightwhiskey did not remove everything first.

Reply #3684
Do you think it would it be possible to sync to a phone instead (Xperia Ray I had in mind)?

Reply #3685
I was able to successfully sync a few hundred songs to my iphone4s iOS5, not 5.0.1

I used the experimental version (0.6.9.7). 

After foodop sent to iphone, I had to start itunes which showed the songs as being 'other'.  I then went to my iphone-->music and my songs showed up on the list in itunes.  From there, selected one of the songs and played it.  Playing the song seemed to repair everything.  The songs suddenly showed up under music on the iphone, and next time I connected to itunes, the music showed up as music and not other.

Just to be clear, from itunes, I went to my iphone/music, then told itunes to play the song FROM my phone on the computer.  Playing the song seems to have caused something to be fixed. 

No album art.  I'll live. 

I already had phonecalc library from the foodop download page installed.

This worked for me as well on my iPhone 3gs with OS5. Only thing to to add is when you play the song off your iphone, you will see the status at the top of iTunes stating "Updating files". Once I see that message, then I know I'm good to go. I don't bother with cover art, so I can't speak for that.

Reply #3686
Finally got this working again (with my iPhone 4)! For those who are still having trouble (like how I had been), here are the instructions on how I got my setup working...

1. Download iTunes64Setup.exe (iTunesSetup.exe for 32-bit users)
2a. Extract AppleApplicationSupport.msi and AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi from iTunesSetup.exe using WinRAR (or alternatives)
2b. Install the two extracted files
3a. Download iPod manager 0.6.9.7 Experimental and iPhoneCalc library 2
3b. Extract iPod manager 0.6.9.7 to %programfiles(x86)%\foobar2000\components (%programfiles% for 32-bit users)
3c. Extract iPhoneCalc to %programfiles(x86)%\foobar2000 (%programfiles% for 32-bit users)
4. Run foobar2000

Tried this on a virtual os Windows 7 Pro x64 as well.

Reply #3687
I did that, but I got the following error when clicking synchronise:

"Error reading ArtworkDB database: Unsupported format or corrupted file"

Reply #3688
please update for ios 5.01

album art does not work;

Reply #3689
I finally got an alternate option!  No more itunes, and no more messing with outdated foobar ipod manager.

Follow the steps:

1. install itunes(I know this could be hard for you, but some dll files are required from itunes installation package)

2. go to [removed]  ,  download the software. I know the website is in Chinese, just download
    the software, and you will find the language option for installation. You can install English version of it.
3. Run the software(You antispyware might report threat, as did mine, I deleted the suspicious file, and it still works    fine). 
4. Plug in your ipod (mine is ipod touch 4th generation with iOS5.0.1), the software will recognize it, then you can drag in your music anyway you want, or you can just delete music from your music library. And it supports album art!
5. Enjoy and it's free!

there are much better standalone tools like this... e.g. http://www.copytrans.net/ its free. and no chinese Version + no spyware

Reply #3690
So i picked up a 4S 16GB yesterday (5.0.1).
I installed the latest fod_doo and the iphonecalc DLL from the offical site.

I then picked my music (all MP3s, no transcoding), put it in a playlist and sync'ed that playlist to the 4S.
It correctly showed the files to be added, then went through the process of copying & writing the gapless info.
Unplugged the phone and... no music on the 4S??

I checked the 4S settings usage info page, it shows 0 songs.

So to recheck, i replugged in the phone, and used foo_dop to "load library". All the music is there.

So whats going on here?
Why cant i see the music on the iPhone?

Thanks in advance!!

Reply #3691
[...]
So whats going on here?

Thanks in advance!!

Really, it would only take scrolling up this page to see that iOS5 is not supported yet.
See here for supported models and iOS versions.

Reply #3692
Some thoughts on album art not working on iOS5 and foo_dop 0.6.9.7.

Created two files with embedded album art (both AAC encoded using foobar converter and Nero AAC encoder). One album art embedded with foobar and another one with neroAacTag.exe (which is part of Nero AAC "package"). Dropped both files to iTunes. Album art in the first one was NOT visible by iTunes (right click -> get info in iTunes). The second was ok. So I unchecked options to embed album art in foo_dop, sent files to iPhone and got no album art for both files. So maybe thereis is some album art processing in foo_dop even if option "do embed" is not set.

Also I tried to embed album art on-the-fly by using external converter as a batch script (using the same neroAacTag.exe), but it seems like foo_dop converter capabilities are more limited than standard converter. In this thread
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=92746
I described how I didn't succeed with embedding album art by standard converter because %path% titleformatting is not passed to external converter. But in case of foo_dop even "simple" titleformatting (like %album%) is not passed.

So, a feature request (probably connected with thread mentioned above) - add ability to pass all titleformatting to external converters.

Reply #3693
hi,

maybe somebody can help me with that:
i would like to rename the title field if the genre is Audiobook:

$if($stricmp($meta(genre),audiobook),%title%,($puts(char,')')$puts(tag,%album%)$puts(spacer,$strchr($get(tag),$get(char)))$trim($right($get(tag),$sub($len($get(tag)),$get(spacer))))[ '['$num(%discnumber%,2)/$num(%totaldiscs%,2)']']))

can somebody check that script, i doesn't work :-(

thanks phiber

Reply #3694
i would like to rename the title field if the genre is Audiobook:

$if($stricmp($meta(genre),audiobook),%title%,($puts(char,')')$puts(tag,%album%)$puts(spacer,$strchr($get(tag),$get(char)))$trim($right($get(tag),$sub($len($get(tag)),$get(spacer))))[ '['$num(%discnumber%,2)/$num(%totaldiscs%,2)']']))

Firstly, you're checking if genre is audiobook and then returning %title% if it's true, followed by the rest otherwise. I'd think you want to swap %title% with the stuff afterwards.
I'm not quite sure what you're doing with the rest - the open brackets before the first $puts seem superfluous(?), and I'm not clear whether you therefore actually have matching brackets, for a start...

Reply #3695
thanks for your answer.

i would like to rername the title field if the genre is audiobook.
and the title-field should be filled with the information from album-field+[discnumber/totaldiscs] but everthing should be cut in front of the first bracket within the album-field.

yes, you are right, the open brackets before the first $puts is sensless.. :-)
everything with the $puts works fine (e.g. with "format from other field) , but not with the ipod-metadata-mapping :-(

$if($stricmp($meta(genre),audiobook),$puts(char,')')$puts(tag,%album%)$puts(spacer,$strchr($get(tag),$get(char)))$trim($right($get(tag),$sub($len($get(tag)),$get(spacer))))[ '['$num(%discnumber%,2)/$num(%totaldiscs%,2)']'],%title%)

example (genre = audiobook)
album-name= series (series-no.) series-name
dicsnumber = 7
totaldiscs =  13

title = series-name [07/13]

thx
phiber

Reply #3696
[...]
So whats going on here?

Thanks in advance!!

Really, it would only take scrolling up this page to see that iOS5 is not supported yet.
See here for supported models and iOS versions.

Ahhh what??
I scroll up and see people talking about iOS5 saying that it works (except for album art)??

Reply #3697
I use method described in post  #3651,  works for me..

Reply #3698
I have the same problem as MWP.
I add songs in foobar, they even show in iTunes but not on the iphone. I tried everything in the menu (synchronize, rebuild database, etc) without success.

vs

See? the Eros Ramazzotti album doesn't show in the iphone though the files are in the device.

EDIT: OK, a hacky thing to do for the songs to show is to send the "ipod view" playlist to the iPhone.
The album art is still not being saved correctly, though (it shows in iTunes)

Reply #3699
Hello All,

I have had a search on the forums... but i couldn;t come up with anything. Probably because the keywords I am using to search, are so generic.

In ITUNES... if i transfer a particular album onto my IPOD, in my Albums list it appears as ONE album, with many tracks.

In FOOBAR, if i transfer the SAME album to my ipod, Foobar SPLITS the album up into the different artists, and i end up with LOADS of copies of the same album.

So... please can anyone advise me on how to get foo_dop to sort my albums by album title... and not take artist into consideration on the album.

I'm relatively certain this has something to do with the metadata / Database mapping... but i am REALLY struggling to get my head around what strings like this:

$if($stricmp($meta(album artist),various artists),1,%ipod_compilation%)

Actually mean. So any help would be dearly appreciated.

Sincerely