Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Advanced Limiter (Read 14057 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Advanced Limiter

Reply #50
Bug fixed for the next foobar2000 update, thanks for reporting.

Hi Peter, I didn't see anything about it in changelog for 1.3.15 beta 1, but I assume it will be in Final ver. right?

Reply #51
Changelogs don't always mention everything. The issue is fixed in the beta.

Reply #52
I'm just wondering if the Advanced Limiter was fixed or if the fixed version hasn't made it way to the foobar2000 installation yet?

It's the same sort of scan as in the opening post. foobar2000 1.3.15. It still seems to be lowering the volume/peak levels marginally when it probably shouldn't.

Cheers.

PS Is the Advance Limiter included in "standard DSP array" under components? I ask as it's the same version number since foobar2000 1.3.13 (version 1.3.1).

Reply #53
The issue is fixed according to all my tests. The peak numbers in your screenshot look like you are converting a 24 or 32-bit file into a 16-bit file and experience rounding.

Reply #54
Whoops, you're correct and I'm an idiot. It was the auto-dithering. I was converting MP3s to flac and I forgot to disable it.
It's odd, and probably just coincidence, that with dithering enabled and the advanced limiter in the chain, the peaks ended up lower each time I tested (only two or three times).

With dithering disabled the md5 was the same, with and without the advanced limiter.

Cheers.