Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Pixels of CD photos in playlist columns (Read 6887 times) previous topic - next topic

Pixels of CD photos in playlist columns

Hi there.

For a few months now I have been using the foobar more often and I am increasingly amazed by it. I had heard of it, but I do not forgive myself for not having used it as a standard audio player before.

I intend to stop using the excellent TagScanner program to centralize all TAG operations and file renaming in the foobar, since this program is very flexible and encompasses practically everything I usually do with audio files.

However, there is an interesting function in TagScanner that I am having a hard time finding in foobar: is there any way or component to view the size (pixels) of a photo taken (front album cover, eg) in the playlist columns?

Re: Pixels of CD photos in playlist columns

Reply #1
Does anyone know if there is at least one syntax to type in the columns?

Reply #2
This 18 month old thread is the closest I can find to a similar question / request. After the premier of the Properties Dialog's Artwork Tab in 1.4 or 1.5, some would assume that because that data you want to see is shown on said tab, similar functionality for your custom column(s) would exist in Playlist View.  I can't find anything that says it does. If you can code, inquiring with JScript Panel experts might enable you to design / tweak an existing script to display the data you want.
Neither an audiophile, nor album snob. Why do ratings threads always have someone saying they don't believe in rating music?
Record Label Icons: 600x600 pngs appropriate for any color background:
freeimage.host/johnbuck/?list=images&sort=name_asc&page=1

Reply #3
This 18 month old thread is the closest I can find to a similar question / request. After the premier of the Properties Dialog's Artwork Tab in 1.4 or 1.5, some would assume that because that data you want to see is shown on said tab, similar functionality for your custom column(s) would exist in Playlist View.  I can't find anything that says it does. If you can code, inquiring with JScript Panel experts might enable you to design / tweak an existing script to display the data you want.
Thank you very much for your reply! Very enlightening and helpful!

Reply #4
I've made a crude component that attempts to address this issue. The only way it's possible for me to present image info via title formatting is by using a database. The reason why it's crude is because it's not automatic - you have to manually trigger a scan which reads all library items and then stores the info. If you add/remove/modify or even rename any files, it's up to you to trigger a new scan. This is done via the main Library menu. It reports what it has found via the console.

There are 3 title formatting fields available:

%front_cover_width%
%front_cover_height%
%front_cover_size%

edit: new version attached. The first version triggered a "refresh" on more items than it needed to.

Reply #5
I've made a crude component that attempts to address this issue. The only way it's possible for me to present image info via title formatting is by using a database. The reason why it's crude is because it's not automatic - you have to manually trigger a scan which reads all library items and then stores the info. If you add/remove/modify or even rename any files, it's up to you to trigger a new scan. This is done via the main Library menu. It reports what it has found via the console.

%front_cover_width%
%front_cover_height%
%front_cover_size%

edit: new version attached. The first version triggered a "refresh" on more items than it needed to.
What a cool !!!!!!!!!!!!
This is exactly what I was looking for for the foobar!!!! Now I definitely don't need to use any other application to organize my audio collection, thank you very much, @snotlicker !!!!
Thank you very, very, VERY much!

Reply #6
So, I'm very happy!

I would like to share the syntax I use to show the column in the same way as in my photo (TagScanner) in my first post:

Code: [Select]
[%front_cover_width%x%front_cover_height%, %front_cover_size%]

In this way, I have all information in just one column (see the picture from foobar below)!

Many thanks again!

Reply #7
A question: where the component stores the info of files scanned?

Reply #8
Inside your foobar2000 profile, there will be a folder named index-data. Inside that there will be a file named

95EA6D78-0081-4080-A599-64A148BABCE5

If there are other files inside that folder, they belong to other components which have their own databases (like foo_playcount).

edit: it's worth mentioning....

-you can't edit it!
-while you can backup/restore between different foobar2000 installs just fine, all records are bound to the %path% of each track so if that changes, you'll need to scan again.

Reply #9
OK, everything is great for me, I am very satisfied with the answers, everything is clear and very well resolved, I just have reasons to thank you very much!

And congratulations, you did a great job - it was exactly what I was looking for!   ;)

Reply #10
I've made a crude component that attempts to address this issue.
Was as well waiting for this, thanks very much! My car only shows cover art with max 800x800, so this is very helpful!
And great that you're back!

Reply #11

%front_cover_width%
%front_cover_height%
%front_cover_size%
Just too confirm, three total embedded artwork spec tags, not 3 field types per embedded artwork type?
(i.e. Front only...not back, disc, icon, nor artist)
Neither an audiophile, nor album snob. Why do ratings threads always have someone saying they don't believe in rating music?
Record Label Icons: 600x600 pngs appropriate for any color background:
freeimage.host/johnbuck/?list=images&sort=name_asc&page=1

Reply #12
Hi John, I think it scans for front album cover only (and this is fine for me), since it doesn't show any information about other covers, at least here.

Reply #14
Very cool, snotlicker!
What was already very good is now excellently better! Great job, thank you very much for that!

Reply #16
Cool!!! Thank you very much!

Reply #17
Probably the final update on this...

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo-yuck/releases

This adds support for %front_cover_format% which will display WebP, JPEG etc.

Existing users will need to use Clear Cover Info option first because it usually relies on the last modified timestamp having changed since the last scan which won't be the case here.

Reply #18
OK.

Reply #19
Page not found... :(

Reply #20
Final version should be attached.

Requires Windows 7 or later, fb2k v1.5 or later

These are all the available fields:

%front_cover_width%
%front_cover_height%
%front_cover_size%
%front_cover_format% (only available when using fb2k v1.6 or later)

Reply #21
How do I display the cover column in a playlist? Of course, the column does not need the image itself, but, for example, its resolution. Or, at least, an indicator of the fact that there is an album cover image embedded in the file. I tried the patterns %cover%, %coverfile% and %hascover%, but they don't work.
foo_cover_info-0.0.5.zip
29.11 KB
Thanks a lot for the component!

If the editing date of the file changes, is the cover info automatically updated, or do I need to use "Cover Info" / "Scan for Cover Info"?

Reply #22
Nothing is automatic. If artwork is added/removed, you need to scan again. If artwork is added/removed but the date doesn't change since the last time scanned with the component, you actually need to use Clear Cover Info first before running again.

Reply #23
%front_cover_size% displays in MB and KB but sorts only by the number, so descending 100KB is considered more than 10MB, for example. Is there a way around this?

Reply #24
It would be possible to sort it if there were a field that displayed the cover size in bytes, but you'd have to view it in that format as well, unless you use Columns UI, which has the ability to use separate formatting for sorting strings.