Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Identifying an album from a track listing (Read 2430 times) previous topic - next topic

Identifying an album from a track listing

Hey guys,

I've been sorting through my music collection, and I've come across one group of files which seem to be from the same album. They are mixed in with other music in a general folder, but share a generic album name (of the style "Unknown Album" etc.), and all have consecutive track numbers, and the titles are Track 1-22.
So, obviously, I want to fix the missing tags. But does anyone know how to identify which album these tracks are from? They obviously seem to be from some kind of mix album, as the tracks are all from different artists. Every track has a name and an artist, just no album info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

cheers

Re: Identifying an album from a track listing

Reply #1
Copy the orphaned files to a separate folder and use the Scan function in MusicBrainz Picard.

Reply #2
Is there any way to tell Picard that "these are from the same album", instead of it identifying compilations with thirteen artists as music from thirteen different albums, but I suspect that in my problem cases, MusicBrainz simply does not have the comp.

If Picard does not work: search in Discogs. Either with the Discogs search function, or with Google. Or search with Google.

Reply #3
Load all files into Mp3tag and use its "Tag Sources" function.