Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: freedb masstagger question (Read 4638 times) previous topic - next topic

freedb masstagger question

Is there anyway to have the freedb masstagger write the tags in ID3v2.x? I can't stand having the titles and artists cut-off. I'm using v0.8.3

Reply #1
Is there anyway to have the freedb masstagger write the tags in ID3v2.x? I can't stand having the titles and artists cut-off. I'm using v0.8.3
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=369813"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes.  You need to have ID3v2 plugin installed, and set tag writing to ID3v2 in options.

Note that by default ID3v1 is not used.  Unless you changed it to ID3v1, you're probably already using APEv2 or ID3v2, in which case your tags would not be cut off.  Are you sure thats whats happening?

Reply #2
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=369813"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes.  You need to have ID3v2 plugin installed, and set tag writing to ID3v2 in options.

Note that by default ID3v1 is not used.  Unless you changed it to ID3v1, you're probably already using APEv2 or ID3v2, in which case your tags would not be cut off.  Are you sure thats whats happening?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=369816"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well. I'm currently using foo_pod to load my iPod and it's transcoding the files so I can't mess with anything for at least a few hours, but in the meantime I've been using iTunes to play some music and it's saying the tags are all ID3v1.1. Where in options would I be looking to set tag writing to ID3v2?

Reply #3

Is there a way to set the tag writing to fully ID3v2 in 0.9 ?

Reply #4
in .9 tag writing is ID3v1 & ID3v2.4 (the latest ID3v2 spec) and I think it can read ID3v2.2 and ID3v2.3 as well
So it's ID3v2 compliant.

Reply #5
in .9 tag writing is ID3v1 & ID3v2.4 (the latest ID3v2 spec) and I think it can read ID3v2.2 and ID3v2.3 as well
So it's ID3v2 compliant.

I don't think its is writing it in ID3v2 as the two programs I mentioned are not recognising it. Esp. Cover Art Downloader which is the best cover downloader program I have seen.

Reply #6
I don't think its is writing it in ID3v2 as the two programs I mentioned are not recognising it. Esp. Cover Art Downloader which is the best cover downloader program I have seen.
Foobar2000 writes id3v1 tags to mp3 files and adds id3v2.4 tags if necessary (if the tag content doesn't fit into id3v1 tags). Check if these other programs you use can read and/or write id3v2.4 tags.

Reply #7
Foobar2000 writes id3v1 tags to mp3 files and adds id3v2.4 tags if necessary (if the tag content doesn't fit into id3v1 tags). Check if these other programs you use can read and/or write id3v2.4 tags.

Is there an option to turn off "if neccessary" and to write both id3v1 & v2 ags. Because programs like Album Art Cover Downloader only read id3v2 tags.

I found a program that Converts to id3v2 2.3 or 2.4 called ID3TagIT3.

But I wish Foobar could do it natively because everytime I edit a tag I am going to have to use this program to fix the tags. 

Reply #8
You can mark all the mp3 tracks and do "right click>Tagging>MP3 Tag Types" to see which tag types are written to your files and change that if you want to do so.

Reply #9
You can mark all the mp3 tracks and do "right click>Tagging>MP3 Tag Types" to see which tag types are written to your files and change that if you want to do so.

Yesterday it didn't seem to work.

Album cover-art downloader is reading 2.4 tags, so I am not sure what I did wrong yesterday.

Thanks