Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3Enc31 Frontend (Read 3532 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3Enc31 Frontend

Does anyone know where I can find one. I know that L3Enc had a few but I can't find one for MP3Enc.

Re: MP3Enc31 Frontend

Reply #1
Assuming you mean the command line encoder, foobar2000 should work.

Reply #2
I don't think there is an up to date command line encoder for Fraunhofer's MP3 encoder, not that anybody should be using it any more.

Reply #3
I found a Japanese one called MP3 GUI Frontend by mahoromatic. It can't encode higher than 128 kbps without throwing an error though.
EncSpot Pro 2.2 shows it's 112 and 128 kbps encodes as Fraunhofer ACM or MP3Enc and it's 98 and 64 kbps ones as MP3Pro

Reply #4
And LAME has far outclassed that in the 13 years since that was last updated. Any guide still recommending the use of MP3Enc for ripping is severely outdated and/or dead, much like the game soundtrack piracy site I removed from your profile.

Reply #5
I didn't ask about Lame and go get help for that attitude problem.