Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: BSplayer bought by CoreCodec (fake) (Read 8139 times) previous topic - next topic

BSplayer bought by CoreCodec (fake)

http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=6426

Some highlights:

BSPlayer will now be named TCMP5 ("The Core Media Player 5").

we look forward to acquiring new competition products as soon as possible.

All users who bought a license for BSPlayer will have to buy it again, this time with extra taxes due to CoreCodec's policies.

Reply #1
Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

I already know I don't like the idea of having to buy it again. Guess I won't be upgrading anytime soon. I really like BSPlayer too.
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

Reply #2
Well, I think Im going to give media player classic a try.
Alguém pare o mundo que eu quero descer!!

Reply #3
looks like a joke

Reply #4
Licenses will be around 75 euros PER YEAR, and will renew automatically.

for a media player, sure i like BSplayer but that is far to much. i suggest people try vlc again if its been a few months since the last time they gave it a go, its dvd playback is much improved and it even does menu's well now.

Reply #5
Yes, the 75€ impressed me the most. That is more expensive than WinDVD deluxe, FFS! And WinDVD needs to pay licensing on lots of stuff - AC3, MPEG2, DTS, deCSS... meanwhile BSplayer, as far as I know, doesn't license anything.

Also, WinDVD is not licensed on a per-year basis...

Reply #6
75€ is way more than the licenses cost.
We have stand alone dvd players for 40€ in supermarkets and mpeg4-asp players starting at about 70€. Those stand-alone hardware players have to pay licenses, developement cost and manufacturing cost.

Reply #8
Too bad, it was becoming funny.

Reply #9
yeah, looked too much like a inocents day joke