Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Comparing WAVs (Read 3779 times) previous topic - next topic

Comparing WAVs

I'm looking for software or a plugin that will help me compare multiple WAV files with the same music, but different EQ settings. I'd like to be able to load about 5 files, start play back and switch between them on the fly (playback continues at the same point on the timeline). I'm not looking to blindly identify the differences between them, just want the ability to switch between them as I please. Anyone have any software or plugin recommendations to do this?

Comparing WAVs

Reply #1
I would think any multi-track editor would work, but the switching would probably be a two step process.
Load the different files into different tracks.
Mute all tracks
Un-mute a track to play it
Mute it and un-mute another
or un-mute the other, then mute the first

Comparing WAVs

Reply #2
Or in Audacity after loading all tracks you can hit the SOLO button by the track you want to hear alone, making switching a one-step process, if I recall correctly.
Dynamic – the artist formerly known as DickD

Comparing WAVs

Reply #3
Like AndyH-ha said, in the audio editors I have used, you have to switch off the Solo button on the previous track.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Comparing WAVs

Reply #4
Thanks for the responses, I'll have to use a multi-track editor. It looks like Sonar and Reaper both have the ability to "exclusive solo" to solo a track while un-soloing all others.