Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Track Info Panel with ability to change font (Read 726219 times) previous topic - next topic

Track Info Panel with ability to change font

Reply #100
what would really be great is to have a save/load type menu system which saves files to the foobar folder or so that people can share their configs and back them up as well.. also when redesiging the layout they can then simply choose the layout they had for each track info panel and load it back up

Reply #101
I'd wholeheartly migrate to this component, if:

1) there would be an ellipsize mode

And I suggest the following improvements, if possible...

2) Add a variable for displaying the playlist name, current index, number of entries.
3) Maybe a variable for the next track? foo_osd for 0.83 had this.
4) Please add some quick infos about the component to the gui. e.g. like uie_quicksearch does, it has a help tab.

Reply #102
I'd wholeheartly migrate to this component, if:

1) there would be an ellipsize mode

You could use $alignabs(...,...)

Even Though,$alignabs needs an update, in my pov:
-It should have NO INFLUENCE TO "$alignset()" and be autonom even with $char(10)s in it ...!!
(Otherwise the $alignset() is not very useful, since its disturbed by the "Background" (created with $alignabs)

And when the work on this goes on, I have a few minnor suggestions, too:
-#SHADE#-Effect should be on lower level and/or to be set with colors

Reply #103
guys, all these things will be implemented or re-implemented in better way than they are now - things like #SHADE#, glow and other missing features. however, from how it works and what it does, one can easily assume that we are going for some interesting things in the future - i mean the layout mechanism is much more flexible and it could allow outputting images directly to the text flow etc. we are going to see alpha-blending text, rectangles and maybe even images

Reply #104
Indeed this plugin has a lot of cool features that allow you to create a lot of cool stuff right now, though im too lazy to use, or better learn how to use this new formatting strings. But as far as i've seen, you guys are doing some very very good things with it (the vertical progress bar is nice).

Yeah this plugin rocks ..

Reply #105
I've uploaded a new version with preliminary support for images, and a couple of changes/bugfixes.

FrDelefortrie & thuan >> does it crash when playing a particular file or all the time?

Reply #106
Don't know what to say it's kind of random.

Reply #107
i would like to notice others that this new version doesn't take over the old track info (as requested by many) so you would lose your panels. i suggest putting back the old track info panel (not the mod) ...

Reply #108
amazing work, terrestrial. it seems we have to specify alignment after $imageabs - like $align(,) - for the following text to show. another glitch is that it seems to update less often than text - i.e. not always when changing tracks, when the image's path may change due to different context, time etc. changing position works, but the image wouldn't change. example: $imageabs($mod(%playback_time_seconds%,12),12,data\misc images\rate%rating%.png,flow)$align(,)$repeat(word ,40). you can get the rating images for testing here.

request: i use custom info for rating my songs (so it's not real tags). everything works fine, however trackinfo panel picks changes in these "virtual tags" only once in a second, not the moment they change (like colums_ui's playlist for example, which reacts instantly). could you do something about it?

Reply #109
Is it possible, besides new layout features, made some additional changes:
- add support for %_system_*% variables (time and date) to make natural language timestamps working;
- fix detection of track under cursor after command "View\Columns playlist\Activate now playing" used and playlist switching occurred?

Reply #110
@mazy, could you post your config for the trackinfo panel?

I'm interested to see what you have came up with.

Reply #111
I use this trackinfo_mod now. But: With the latest version, I lost my config. I'll have to restore it from a backup.
Please add some details about file formats... A simple 256 color bmp image doesn't work here.

Reply #112
unabatedshagie - i'm not really using it in my main foobar, only testing it for time being. my testing foobar looks like this right now:

Squeller - you can put the old track info panel or the mod (and rename it's dll) back and recover these settings. the new version (as mentioned in the readme and in my previous post) is distinct from the old one and doesn't take over its settings.

as for images - well 32-bit pngs with alpha channel work here, i think that bmps with 256-color palette should work too. imho what you're experiencing is that refresh / update problem i've mentioned. try using the formatting snippet i've posted above.

Reply #113
ok, fixed the image updating problem.

Only pngs are supported.

Reply #114
request: i use custom info for rating my songs (so it's not real tags). everything works fine, however trackinfo panel picks changes in these "virtual tags" only once in a second, not the moment they change (like colums_ui's playlist for example, which reacts instantly). could you do something about it?

probably some change notification I'm missing. I will look into it. fixed for the next version.

- add support for %_system_*% variables (time and date) to make natural language timestamps working;

are _system_ variables added by columns ui? they don't apprear in the titleformat reference....

- fix detection of track under cursor after command "View\Columns playlist\Activate now playing" used and playlist switching occurred?

fixed for the next version.

I use this trackinfo_mod now. But: With the latest version, I lost my config. I'll have to restore it from a backup.
Please add some details about file formats... A simple 256 color bmp image doesn't work here.

new version is separated from the original so you can run both at the same time, so your settings will not be migrated over.

only pngs are currently supported.

Reply #115

are _system_ variables added by columns ui? they don't apprear in the titleformat reference....

I doesn't really know where they come from, but probably yes. Is it very difficult to implement similar variables?

fixed for the next version.

when it wil be released?

Reply #116
sry

Reply #117
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy and use this component, but isn't this just reinventing the wheel? Why hasn't someone made a component with IE control like Miranda's IEView that parses HTML code and still maintains a very low memory footprint. It would accomplish everything this plugin does visually and beyond [maybe with the exception of refreshing every second], and it would be less complicated use.

Reply #118
metal_termite, miranda's ieview is quite a resource hug (like many visual miranda's plugins). foosion is working on html panel using very nice and window-less browser component.

as for trackinfo panel, i still see many uses for it, as it could add features not possible in html panel, it may be faster etc. you are right though that with all these new things track info panel is going to look like something with similar possibilities like html panel.

terrestrial, maybe you could switch to gdi+, as it would be nice to be able to resize images in the future, it supports gifs, bmps, pngs and other formats, has antialiasing / blending support etc. what do you think?

Reply #119
Mmh, this code ...
Code: [Select]
$imageabs($mod(%playback_time_seconds%,12),12,data\misc images\rate%rating%.png,flow)$align(,)$repeat(word ,40)
... No Pic ...!!
-Even though I downloaded mazy's pngs and put the data folder in Foobar's AND in Component's directory, to be on the save side ...!!
Canging the code, settig x,y manualy, and/ or naming the png by its concrete name (e.g. "rate2.png" ) take no effect ... All I see is "word", 40 times !! 

And:
Dont wanna trap your nerves, but
-It should have NO INFLUENCE TO "$alignset()" and be autonom even with $char(10)s in it ...!!
(Otherwise the $alignset() is not very useful, since its disturbed by the "Background" (created with $alignabs)
Is this allready planed or a is it a stupid Idea ...??

Reply #120
Sw!ng, are you using the latest version? there are few things critical to images improved. other than that, there could be not enough place. have you tried it while playing track with %rating%?

others: i've realized that with the new support for images you can do pseudoskins with multiple layers - background, reflection etc. quick test of concept:

terrestrial: it seems there's something wrong going on with $font. i tried to use $font(Wingdings,20,21-60-98) in the example above, but i couldn't get it to show the star then - probably because of codepages or something (i.e. when i used the character or $char for the star - obtained from microsoft's character map utility - i got nothing).

Reply #121
when it wil be released?

I actually ended up uploading it after that last post.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy and use this component, but isn't this just reinventing the wheel?

a little bit  I just happened to have the majority of this code already laying around, so it wasn't too much work to add it in. A HTML component could probably do a lot more fancier cost, but I think the overhead would be much more significant as well.

terrestrial, maybe you could switch to gdi+, as it would be nice to be able to resize images in the future, it supports gifs, bmps, pngs and other formats, has antialiasing / blending support etc. what do you think?

I can certainly use gdi+ in addition to gdi to get additional features, but I don't think there is any need to change over gdi stuff to gdi+ as I don't think gdi+ offers any advantages in the basic text stuff I already use.

Even though I downloaded mazy's pngs and put the data folder in Foobar's AND in Component's directory, to be on the save side ...!!
Canging the code, settig x,y manualy, and/ or naming the png by its concrete name (e.g. "rate2.png" ) take no effect ... All I see is "word", 40 times !! blink.gif

make sure you're running the latest version.

$alignabs should already be able to handle newlines..

I envisioned using the $alignrel and $alignset at the beginning, and $alignabs towards the end, and not switching between the modes too much which is why $alignabs affects $alignset. I will see if I can change it to ignore it though

terrestrial: it seems there's something wrong going on with $font. i tried to use $font(Wingdings,20,21-60-98) in the example above, but i couldn't get it to show the star then - probably because of codepages or something (i.e. when i used the character or $char for the star - obtained from microsoft's character map utility - i got nothing).

it looks like you're missing a couple of commas for the $font

Reply #123
strange... maybe there is some sort of interaction with the other code. can you try just:

$font(Wingdings,20,,21-60-98)$char(171)

and see if it works?

Reply #124
i'm puzzled. it seems to work now, probably some error on my side, sorry

[edit:] but this doesn't work - star character with code 234 for the Wingdings 2 font: $font(Wingdings 2,20,,)$char(234) (and i can't even make it work by setting this font in the configuration dialog). i did some tests and from #128 up it doesn't work for almost each other one (129 works, 130 not, 131 works ...). i'm using czech locale ...