Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library sorting destroyed with one mystery keystroke (Read 825 times) previous topic - next topic

Library sorting destroyed with one mystery keystroke

I have my music on a dedicated filesystem using a directory structure I have been carefully maintaining for.. now that I think about it.. over 10 years. I've been using Foobar2k for a few years now (and loving it) and my library was happily sorted using my directory layout.

After an especially crappy day at work today I was slowly building a playlist to drag myself out of a pit and managed to fat finger some sort of key combination that caused my entire library to sort by the ID3 tag album name. Suddenly I can't find a damned thing and have no idea wtf I did to cause this.

Please tell me there is something I can do to have the library simply list everything as it is in the filesystem. I've been browsing the wiki but none of my album list view changes seem to have any effect;

My night is ruined. I know I did this to myself and really I'd be fine if I just knew what the hell I did in the first place. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Library sorting destroyed with one mystery keystroke

Reply #1
If view by folder structure does not work for you it may be best to provide a few screenshots.