Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_tunes (Read 105426 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_tunes

Doesn't work, I get illegal operation error?

Code: [Select]
Illegal operation:
Code: C0000005h, flags: 00000000h, address: 002405B6h
Access violation, operation: write, address: 800040DFh
Additional info: user interface init
This is the first crash logged by this instance.
Code bytes:
00240596h:  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 B0 DF B0 DF
002405A6h:  B0 DF B0 DF B0 DF B0 DF B0 DF B0 DF B0 DF B0 DF
002405B6h:  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 D1 DB D1 DB
002405C6h:  D1 DB D1 DB D1 DB D1 DB D1 DB D1 DB D1 DB 00 00
Version info:
foobar2000 v0.7.2
UNICODE

foo_tunes

Reply #1
I get the same thing. I'm using Win2k. Does this thing require XP and/or GDI+?

foo_tunes

Reply #2
Same problem with WinXP SP1, foobar2000 v0.7.2

Edit: Ehh, where did the two replies above mine go? 

Anyway, here is the error message i got:
Illegal operation:
Code: C0000005h, flags: 00000000h, address: 009D0745h
Access violation, operation: read, address: 00000004h
Module: "foo_looks", loaded at 009C0000h - 00A04000h
Code bytes:
009D0725h:  E8 00 74 17 83 E8 02 74 05 32 C0 C2 04 00 A1 98
009D0735h:  CD 9F 00 85 C0 0F 95 C0 C2 04 00 A1 D4 CC 9F 00
009D0745h:  8B 48 04 51 FF 15 64 32 9F 00 85 C0 0F 95 C0 C2
009D0755h:  04 00 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 B8 01 00 00 00
Version info:
foobar2000 v0.7.2
UNICODE

Oops, uploads only I guess 

foo_tunes

Reply #3
Same for me here using Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 installed.

~ Florian

foo_tunes

Reply #4
Ther's a conflict between foo_looks and foo_tunes....

Moving out foo_tunes work properly but how about the playlist text color? it seems ther's some troubble in the config

but great work really! 

kurjak

foo_tunes

Reply #5
Yes, I also have Windows 2000 + sp4 !!!  Can anyone with windows xp get this to work or does it only work on windows 9x ???

foo_tunes

Reply #6
Check here.

I think that was intended as a subtle hint from the powers that be that this area of the forum is for uploads only. Not the discussion of uploaded components.

edit: The hints are getting less and less subtle. Pay attention people.

foo_tunes

Reply #7
i get a crash at startup ... 

Illegal operation:
Code: C0000005h, flags: 00000000h, address: 000802F0h
Access violation, operation: read, address: 000802F0h
Version info:
foobar2000 v0.7.2
UNICODE

hope this will be fixed soon, look lite a very promising plugin

EDIT: GAH!
ok, move this then ..

foo_tunes

Reply #8
Nice Work!!
Really Great...

How can i set the police of playlist???

foo_tunes

Reply #9
Hello,
it is not tested with windows 2000. Anyway I will try to get it work on this system. The problem is I use advanced UI things available on WinXP only such as alphablended images etc.

please be patient, this is just a preview

foo_tunes

Reply #10
The problem is I use advanced UI things available on WinXP only such as alphablended images etc.

...and I was just about to ask, whether there is a version that works on Win98, but I guess that answers it.

foo_tunes

Reply #11

Moving out foo_tunes work properly but how about the playlist text color? it seems ther's some troubble in the config

but great work really! 

kurjak

Same here: XP SP1
It crashed until I renamed foo_looks.dll to foo_looks.dll.bak (effectively disabling loading of foo_looks).
Perhaps it uses GDI+?

I'm impressed by this plugin already and it's only a preview!

It shows Cover Art!!  yay!

@ne_me_sis: nice job. How long had you spent getting it this far, just so we have an idea about development times (when to expect an update )

foo_tunes

Reply #13

but great work really! 

kurjak

Same here: XP SP1
It crashed until I renamed foo_looks.dll to foo_looks.dll.bak (effectively disabling loading of foo_looks).
Perhaps it uses GDI+?

I'm impressed by this plugin already and it's only a preview!

It shows Cover Art!!  yay!

@ne_me_sis: nice job. How long had you spent getting it this far, just so we have an idea about development times (when to expect an update )

I don't work on this full time. I did this in two weeks so, you may expect updates in few days.

foo_tunes

Reply #14
When using the explorer part of the interface I get metadb leaks.

@ne_me_sis: I think you might need to read this post.

I have never get handle leaks. Could you please exactly specify what did you do?

foo_tunes

Reply #15
When using the explorer part of the interface I get metadb leaks.

@ne_me_sis: I think you might need to read this post.

I have never get handle leaks. Could you please exactly specify what did you do?

Sorry can't reproduce (yet), so it may have been something else, but that was the only new component I have added in ages (and it was the first time I got that error).

I think it happened when I first started using the explorer part of the interface. I opened a directory of music files and the Processing files dialog popped up for a second and then the error popped up..

As I can't reproduce it at the moment, there is no point you worrying about it. If I figure out what I did and I can reproduce it, I'll let you know.

Anyway, I don't know if you want any other bug reports (you may already know about these because as you said it is just a preview) but here's a couple of things I've noticed (reproducible).

1. When adding files to the playlist using the right-click menu in the explorer window, the Processing files dialog box is not updated to the current file being added so (if it wasn't for the sounds of disk access) it looks like it has crashed even though it hasn't.

2. Non global keyboard shortcuts don't work. If the foobar2000 window is active, then they don't work. This is might be to do with the Explorer component?

foo_tunes

Reply #16

but great work really! 

kurjak

Its probably because in foo_looks I'm calling back into the active UI for a couple of features so I must not be doing that correctly (at the time there was no alt. GUI to test with).

I'm trying now to upgrade my dev. environement for the current beta but am having some problems.

foo_tunes

Reply #17

but great work really! 

kurjak

Its probably because in foo_looks I'm calling back into the active UI for a couple of features so I must not be doing that correctly (at the time there was no alt. GUI to test with).

I'm trying now to upgrade my dev. environement for the current beta but am having some problems.

Thx Danz,
Foo_looks rock and would be very    if we can use with and not instead of foo_tunes !

kurjak

foo_tunes

Reply #18
Regarding metadb handle leaks, it happens (here) when you right click files in the playlist. (All im doing is loading foobar with this gui, right clicking files, then exiting foobar)

On the first run with the component, i see the error on closing (i tested this by removing the component and putting it back after running foobar without it, to clear its config). The number of leaks equates to the number of files right clicked.

On subsequent runs, the error dialogue seems to be suppressed for some reason, but i can still here the "ping" sound, and it only happens after right clicking files so i assume its still the metadb_handle leaks.

Hope this helps..

foo_tunes

Reply #19
 Love it , works great on my machine. Great work

foo_tunes

Reply #20

but great work really! 

kurjak

Thx Danz,
Foo_looks rock and would be very    if we can use with and not instead of foo_tunes !

kurjak

I see the crash but I can't really get any useful information - it doesn't seem like foo_looks ever initializes.  Maybe the foo_tunes author can try it in the debugger and gain some insight from that angle.

foo_tunes

Reply #21
Regarding metadb handle leaks, it happens (here) when you right click files in the playlist. (All im doing is loading foobar with this gui, right clicking files, then exiting foobar)

On the first run with the component, i see the error on closing (i tested this by removing the component and putting it back after running foobar without it, to clear its config). The number of leaks equates to the number of files right clicked.

On subsequent runs, the error dialogue seems to be suppressed for some reason, but i can still here the "ping" sound, and it only happens after right clicking files so i assume its still the metadb_handle leaks.

Hope this helps..

I checked it, but I can't find any unreleased handle. (I've already made a component and I have some experience).
I can't see any console message or beep, so try to remove all other components and reproduce the problem again.

foo_tunes

Reply #22
I checked it, but I can't find any unreleased handle. (I've already made a component and I have some experience).
I can't see any console message or beep, so try to remove all other components and reproduce the problem again.

I just tried on a clean install (case's installer if that's any relevance), with just the following components loaded
foo_console.dll
foo_diskwriter.dll
foo_dsp_extra.dll
foo_input_std.dll
foo_masstag.dll
foo_output_std.dll
foo_out_dsound_ex.dll
foo_out_ks.dll
foo_read_http.dll
foo_rgscan.dll
foo_tunes.dll
foo_ui_std.dll
foo_unpack.dll
foo_vis_manager.dll
Same thing... in fact, i went down to just foo_console.dll, foo_input_std.dll, foo_output_std.dll and foo_tunes.dll

You wouldnt hear the default beep sound if yuor sounds are turned off anyway, and as before, the dialogue only actually shows on exit with the first run with fooTunes loaded (but i can still here the "ping" on sunsequent runs, if your sounds arent turned off)

I cant really imagine it being something weird with my computer (OS is XP SP1 btw), but i can check on my laptop otherwise..

edit: i wasnt clear on what i meant by file in my last post, i meant file as in playlist track, not in the explorer bit..

foo_tunes

Reply #23
I just want to say thx for this "first interesting" (for me) alternative GUI!

It now works under Win2k (so I can use it)

Some issues (Win2k SP4):
1) item selection under "info --> Info" and "info --> Tags" doesn´t work properly which means it deselects itself after a second after having clicked on the item
2) deselecting a selection of multiple items in the playlist works only with a double click on an item which makes it instantly play unintendedly
3) some tags (at least %_playlist_number%) don´t seem to be supported atm
4) the file view box of the explorer doesn´t get updated when "going up in the directory hierachy" by clicking on the minus symbol next to the directory icon in the explorer
5) the progress bar in the bottom doesn´t get reset when stopping playback

Regards,
TheLink

edit: deselecting works correctly when clicking on an item outside of the selected block
edit2: 1) seems to work when playback is stopped

foo_tunes

Reply #24
  • system tray, main window title, copycommand isn't supported.
  • Forgets column width in "info"
It would be nice to at least be able to set the font.