Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't make foobar plug-ins to work (Read 2982 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't make foobar plug-ins to work

Wehn I install any 3rd party plug in I get the message:

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 2183 ms
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_surround.dll, reason: Wrong version number; this component appears to have been built with outdated version of foobar2000 SDK and needs to be recompiled with newer version in order to load; please contact author of this component to obtain an updated version of this component.

And I have all the DSP plug in but they give me the same error. So as far as I can read -- there's no 3rd party plug in for the newest foobar (how dumb) whats the point of them sitting on the page, while they dont work... NAd I really want like bass or surround.

Reply #1
Try doing a clean install, uninstall foobar, and then delete the foobar folder so nothing is left, then intall foobar 7

Reply #2
as far as i know the 3rd party plugin page is abandoned right now and all components there are for 0.6, get your components from forum instead, look in 3rd party forum, most are listed in last few pages of sticky thread.

Reply #3
as far as i know the 3rd party plugin page is abandoned right now and all components there are for 0.6, get your components from forum instead, look in 3rd party forum, most are listed in last few pages of sticky thread.

I tried that but only a few plug in are being updates (some shizzle SH**) and none of the DSP that are of interest to me are being discussed or posted