Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Upgrade to latest Opus encoder (1.1a), any chance to encoder setting? (Read 1406 times) previous topic - next topic

Upgrade to latest Opus encoder (1.1a), any chance to encoder setting?

I was reading around HA and it seems that the latest alpha version of Opus is a generally good improvement over old versions. I currently have the lastest version of the Foobar Encoder Pack installed, so if I were to replace the existing Opus encoder with the latest alpha, should I be able to use the existing preset Opus settings in Foobar Converter?

Also, as an aside question, is there any particular reason why the Opus codec is set to 128k by default in the the Foobar Converter presets?

Thanks.

EDIT: Apologies for the somewhat unclear title.

Reply #1
Yes, you may use newer Opus encoders with the current preset.

128kbps is generally considered transparent, although I guess you could lower it to as little as 64kbps if you're feeling like testing what's transparent to you.

Reply #2
Awesome. Thanks for your help kode.