Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album art support in 0.9.5 (thread split) (Read 185032 times) previous topic - next topic

Album art support in 0.9.5 (thread split)

Reply #100
I havn't read this entire thread, sorry

But is there any support for png images, I can only get this to work with jpg (Everything I have is png...)

Thanks for the help

Reply #101
But IMHO there should be an option in the Advanced preferences dialog, where we can enter wildcards of our own. (Just like the ones under "Legacy title format settings" or "Properties dialog" or even those like "Media Library->File Types").

For example I don't have any image files that match "*back.*" (the back of what exactly?), I would need a match like "*tray card outside.*". And I probably won't rename all my scans, I'd rather wait for a better album art component I could use with the new Default UI.

Absolutely right...! Personalization is the biggest advantage of foobar...
What I need is...
When I got an album with 2 discs... my folder structure looks like this...
for disc 1: (...)\Artist\Album Name\01\
for disc 2: (...)\Artist\Album Name\02\

but... the album images are placed in
(...)\Artist\Album Name\

With the album list panel for columnsUI I checked the tags for choosing a cover art file...
Code: [Select]
$replace(%path%,$ifgreater($META(TOTALDISCS),1,%directoryname%'\'%filename_ext%,%filename_ext%),)folder.*

So... give us the possibility customizing our "sources" for front cover, back inlay, disc and icon...
Help me! The beetles have trapped me between the walls...!

Reply #102
So... give us the possibility customizing our "sources" for front cover, back inlay, disc and icon...

Thats what I need, too. Albums with multiple cds have this structure: \%artist%\%artist% - %album%[\CD%discnumber%]\ folder.jpg is in \%artist%\%artist% - %album%\.
It is found by albumart-panel via
$replace(%path%,$directory(%path%)\%filename_ext%,)folder.*

best regards,
nlights

Reply #103
Is there any limit on the resolution of the files?

I'm currently a bit confused. I'm getting album art, formatted as %artist% - %album% showing for a few tracks, but for others no luck. Are these even meant to work?

Reply #104
Hi... is it possible to add more personalization to the album art panel...?
What I need is... When I got an album with 2 discs... my folder structure looks like this...
for disc 1: (...)\Artist\Album Name\01\
for disc 2: (...)\Artist\Album Name\02\

but... the album images are placed in
(...)\Artist\Album Name\

With the album list panel for columnsUI I checked the tags for choosing a cover art file...
$replace(%path%,$ifgreater($META(TOTALDISCS),1,%directoryname%'\'%filename_ext%,%filename_ext%),)folder.*

So... give us the possibility customizing our "sources" for front cover, back inlay, disc and icon... just like it is realized for the columns or groups in the playlist view... by giving a name and a pattern... it would be great...!
Help me! The beetles have trapped me between the walls...!

Reply #105
Anyway to get it to read an ICO file?
I keep a folder.ico file in each director and view my folders as icons, looks much cleaner than thumbnail view.
Here's an example:

So each folder has a folder.ico file instead of a folder.jpg file.

Reply #106
Are there any plans to add some of the old album art plugin functions?

Specifically, I'm thinking of:
- Ability to refresh the album art by clicking in the album art panel, so you can display the updated art without disrupting playback if you change the art or add new art to the folder while a song is playing
- Ability to lock the panel to display the album art for the song that is playing, regardless of what song is selected or what playlist you are navigating (double clicking the album art panel toggled between displaying the art for the selected song, or the playing song).

Reply #107
I"ve upgraded to 0.9.5 final and the album art plugin has completely stopped recognizing all embedded art and cover.jpg files. Everything displays as my default "no image" file.

Edit: NVM. It seems I just had to re-apply my layout. problem solved

Reply #108
Is there a way to later a bit the plugin so it doesn't look for the cover in the same folder as the song.
I want to make it something like this:
Make an artwork folder where I put all my covers.
name all covers this way - ArtistAlbumCover.jpg (for instance PinkFloydTheWall.jpg) Or something like that.
The plugin should take the name of the artist and the album from the tags and then look for a match in that folder.
It's confusing to have all those folder.jpg-s on my HDD and I my torrent client seems to dislike it when there are files in the folder that shouldn't be there.

Reply #109
Hi! Thanks for foobar2000 version 0.9.5, it works like a charm and I like the new layout.
Is it possible to look for the album art in the containing folder, in the case where there is no album art in the current folder? E.g. if I have my music arranged in folders like this:
Artist\Album\(Disc)\Music....

Then if there is no album art in the disc's folder, look in Album. If there is no album art for that album, take the "album" art from the artist's folder.

Reply #110
Hello, i have just updated to 0.9.5 final and the album art viewer shows "multiple items" when i browse for an album. I read somewhere that you have fixed that..how can i make it show me the cover? I noticed that in albums that i didn't had cover art in their tags, album art viewer was working and displayed folder.jpeg i had inside the album folder. How can i force album art viewer to display album art inside the folder without having to remove cover art from the tags?

Reply #111
Hello, i have just updated to 0.9.5 final and the album art viewer shows "multiple items" when i browse for an album. I read somewhere that you have fixed that..how can i make it show me the cover? I noticed that in albums that i didn't had cover art in their tags, album art viewer was working and displayed folder.jpeg i had inside the album folder. How can i force album art viewer to display album art inside the folder without having to remove cover art from the tags?

Where did the thread split? Any answer to my question?

Reply #112
Overall, the built in album art feature is great.  I still have a couple of issues with it however.

1.  Make it possible so that the art is not automatically resized (display images at their original resolution)  I display my art at 500x500, but its hard to find everything at that size, so some are smaller (300x300 etc).  They get resized and end up looking rather blurry and poor quality.

2.  Give the choice to choose between the art included in tags, or an external image (folder.jpg cover.jpg etc).  Right now it seems to default to the art contained in the tags first, which is often much smaller than the art I manually put in each folder.

Reply #113
Freeware complaints are one step up from taking offense to buggy warez code. That said I hesitate to ask if additional display options are under development or if users preferring DefaultUI best roll with the punches to enjoy this feature?

Library is about 2000 folders; any batch utilities to rename images file anyone can suggest?
Thanks

Reply #114
About the problem that foobar shows 'multiple items' when selecting an album that has the same cover for all the songs in it, because they are stored in tags.
I've read that the reason for this problem is that it is impossible or atleast very hard/inconvenient to compare the covers to check if they're the same.

But a program like Mp3tag shows the same cover if multiple songs with the same cover are selected. And it is being read from the tags. So this is making me think that it is possible to solve this problem in foobar.

Just a suggestion, but maybe Florian can help Peter with this?

Reply #115
Freeware complaints are one step up from taking offense to buggy warez code. That said I hesitate to ask if additional display options are under development or if users preferring DefaultUI best roll with the punches to enjoy this feature?

Library is about 2000 folders; any batch utilities to rename images file anyone can suggest?
Thanks

Like this?

Reply #116
Do I see it correctly that with the current search pattern(s), it's not possible to have album art for album images (i.e. one audio file with embedded cue sheet per album and several of them in a single directory)? Unless of course I put each of them in their own directory which wouldn't make much sense.

Reply #117
If you give the album art file the same name as the album image file, it should also be recognized by foobar.

Reply #119
Request:

Artist Image option as well

Thanks!!

Reply #120
The ones of you loading the art in an embedded form, what is the field name being used? Because it seems foobar catches the folder.jpg, but individually it won't load the embedded covers

Reply #121
It is already implemented and working fine here (tested wavpack and musepack files). It just doesn't work with apev2 embedded album art in mp3 files (id3v2 embedded album art is supported though). I don't think that apev2 tagging in mp3 files is worth further pushing now that there's a reliable and sane implementation of id3v2 tagging in foobar2000.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree - when I first started using foobar (somewhere around 0.8 I think), it influenced me to start using APEv2 exclusively as tag format (and it's still faster to work with than ID3v2 because it's appended rather than prepended). So I don't see why the previously-hailed-as-superior tag format should suddenly be treated as inferior. While it doesn't affect me overly much (I'm down to 18.7% MP3 files, with the bulk of my 25000+ files in FLAC format), I still find this annoying. I realize that APEv2 doesn't really have a "standard" tag for album art, but it's easy enough to make that configurable (it seems reasonable to default to the tag name used by MP3Tag).

Secondly, since I'm working on adding album art to my FLACs (I prefer embedding over external files; with lossless files, the extra size is relatively negligible anyway), it would be nice if foobar detected that all selected files have the same data in their album art tag instead of always going to [multiple items].

Reply #122
Just wanting to voice a few requests:

- "Only display art for playing track (don't follow selection)" -  I too would very much like this.  I would like to add that it follows the selection in Facets and I would want to turn this off, I imagine this would be resolved by implenting this feature.

- I would like to put a 'padding' of maybe 5 pixels so that the album art doesn't stretch from edge to edge, but there's a little black border around it.

- When "Multiple items" appears, I think it would be cool to have thumbnails of each item.

Reply #123
Regarding the problem that foobar shows 'multiple items' when selecting an album that has the same cover for all the songs in it, because they are stored in tags.
Isn't it possible to fix this?

I think it is possible because a program like Mp3tag shows the same cover if multiple songs with the same cover are selected. And it is being read from the tags. So this is making me think that it is possible to solve this problem in foobar.

Am I forgetting something? Or is it perfectly possible and not yet implemented?

Reply #124
Regarding the problem that foobar shows 'multiple items' when selecting an album that has the same cover for all the songs in it, because they are stored in tags.
Isn't it possible to fix this?

Probably by storing a checksum of the album art in the database, because that's faster to compare than a big album art image, because those are loaded on demand from the tags (I guess). So when the checksums for the covers of all selected files matches then it will be displayed.