Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to stop Foobar 2000 from starting minimized? (Read 3057 times) previous topic - next topic

How to stop Foobar 2000 from starting minimized?

I use Foobar2000 pretty frequently, but I've noticed that if I close the program while it is minimized and then start it back up later, it will start minimized (the way it was when I closed it).  Although this may be desirable for some, I do not want this behavior; regardless of how I closed Foobar, minimized or not, I would prefer to always be able to see the Window whenever I start it up.

Supposedly there is a "Remember window position" option somewhere, but I cannot find it to save my life.  Can somebody help me figure out what I need to change to get the behavior I want, and where exactly I need to go to change it?  Thanks.

For reference, I am using Foobar2000 version 1.4.

Re: How to stop Foobar 2000 from starting minimized?

Reply #1
Hi there,

You could try modifying the Windows shortcut used on startup -

foobar2000.exe /show

(I use it with the opposite /hide to always minimize)

Incidentally, once upon a time you could set the 'Run' box in the Shortcut Properties > Shortcut tab, but I notice Windows 10 likes to ignore that setting. ::)

Cheers ;)

Reply #2
That will work, thank you very much!

Reply #3
In Preferences > Playback > Other, the first checkbox is Save playback state when closing foobar2000 and resume on next startup. That may be what you were looking for.

Reply #4
You could try modifying the Windows shortcut used on startup -

foobar2000.exe /show

Thanks (and op) : )
Author of -Wavpack4Wavelab- and -CheckWavpackFiles-

Reply #5
Here's another option as Foobar has been opening minimized of late (Nov.2021).
Right click on the Windows Shortcut for Foobar, Choose Properties.
Under the Shortcut tab itself (total of 6 tabs), there's an area called RUN - change from Normal to Maximized.