Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAudioConverter (Read 315466 times) previous topic - next topic

TAudioConverter

Reply #650
About the embedding of album art. Could you make it possible to embed the embedded album art from source to output IF there was no external album art found? Would be great if I did not have to change that setting all the time.
TAC says "External artwork first", but atm it really just means "If there is external album art, i'll embed it". Or so it seems. Tried to convert ogg to mp3, album art was not transferred when "External artwork first" was enabled.

EDIT: It did not transfer album art when I enabled "Embedded artwork first" either. Bug? (OGG->MP3)

TAudioConverter

Reply #651
Yes there is a bug with artwork embedding in 0.9.1. It will be fixed with the next release. Also "External artwork first" should do what you ask, it should search for external artwork files (folder.jpg, cover.jpg etc) and if they don't exist it should try embedded artwork. But said bug might be preventing that.

Next release is actually ready, but I have added a tag editor and I am testing it now.

TAudioConverter

Reply #652
Curious, will the next release also include APEv2 cover art embedding?

TAudioConverter

Reply #653
I have written about this to tagging library's author but no got no reply yet.

TAudioConverter

Reply #654
Good news ChronoSphere, I got an answer from library's author and following his reply, I managed to get cover art embedding with APEv2 to work. I'll release a new version in a few hours.

TAudioConverter

Reply #655
Yay! Looking forward to it. Might be able to convert my music library without much hassle at last. Will it be a beta or a 0.9.1.1?

TAudioConverter

Reply #656
It'll be 0.9.2  I have to use my internet connection for something else at the moment but I'll start uploading it when it's done.

TAudioConverter

Reply #657
First thing first: every time we have to go back to the first post, find the Homepage link, click, go to homepage, click Downloads, try fosshub (not updated), try sourceforge, click browse all files, click 0.9.2, click portable64 (or whatever), wait 5 secs, finally download. Now I'm tired.

Download link at least please every time you post an update: http://taudioconverter.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

Second: I haven't tested other formats but FDK/FHG/QAAC don't write the normal default Tool tag.

TAudioConverter

Reply #658
Update 0.9.2 changes:
-Added: [General] Tag editor
-Added: [General] An option to specify the depth of the folders to be created in the output (thx to ChronoSphere)
-Added: [Lame/Mp3] Added tag fields "Composer", "Album Artist", "Album Artist Sort" and "Album Sort" (thx to o-l-a-v)
-Added: [Lame/Mp3] "Total Disc" and "Total Track" tags will be written
-Added: [General] An option to show/hide toolbar button captions (thx to midas)
-Added: [AC3] An option to disable "Dialogue Norm."
-Fixed: [General] Embedded arwork couldn't be extracted
-Fixed: [WMA] Couldn't get embedded artwork type
-Fixed: [General] Couldn't extract audio from some MPEG files
-Fixed: [Lame/Mp3] "Comment" tag wasn't written properly (thx to o-l-a-v)
-Fixed: [General] A bug where "Artist" couldn't be extracted from WMA files
-Updated: FDKAAC to 0.5.2
-Updated: AlphaControls to 8.53
-Updated: Monkey's Audio to 4.12

Download page: http://taudioconverter.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

Sorry eahm, I forgot to test/add tool tag.

TAudioConverter

Reply #659
Excellent program, can you include a lossless multiple files to one file converter? (like foobar).

Cheers.

TAudioConverter

Reply #660
Thanks for the release, about the folder depth setting, it is currently possible to do this:

\\server\Music\FolderA\B\C -> Z:\server\Music\FolderA\

But not

\\server\Music\FolderA\B\C -> Z:\Music\FolderA\B\C

Basically, it's treating the server name as a folder instead of a drive letter.
Ideally I'd want to be able to cut off folders from the left side of the path, also.

TAudioConverter

Reply #661
Ozok, thank you for the latest release and for including the disabling of normalization. I'm doing the right disabling it, right? It's not my intention to change the volume of audios.

I still have a doubt about something and I'd really appreciate it if you or anybody could explain this to me. What is the difference between:

1. Dialogue Normalization (under Settings).
2. Normalize (under Filters).
3. Change volume (under Filters).

?

Thanks!

TAudioConverter

Reply #662
Sorry eahm, I forgot to test/add tool tag.

ozok, the default Tool tag is actually not present after the conversion. I've tested all AAC again. LAME for example works. The tool tag is written by fdkaacenc/fhgaacenc/qaac. It's not a big deal but you can't tell which encoder made which file.

The "--tag too:" was just an option to change/remove it as required just in case, I'd rather see it in the file normally.

TAudioConverter

Reply #663
Ah another point: It is currently possible to exclude *.cue from adding files. Would it be possible to replace that by a "filter" text box, so that one could for example filter out .mp3s to not encode them to a lossless format. You would just enter formats you don't want to have, i.e. "*.mp3, *.tak, *.cue"

Any reason why TAC is restricted to one instance? I wanted to test with a small amount of files while another instance is "stuck" adding ~15k files to encode and it wouldn't let me start another one.

edit: interesting. Embedding artwork into TAK(APEv2) definitely works, but it's doing it differently than foobar does. At least with foobar files, I can use Icaros (FFMPEG based) to show artwork in explorer, while TAC's output doesn't show any artwork in explorer. It also seem to have an additional "cover" tag when inspected with mp3tag...

TAudioConverter

Reply #664
@Vivadavid
1 - I don't know how AC3 dialog norm. works. I only added it because one user requested it.
2 - Norm. under "Effects" is done by SoX. I don't know if that can be mixed AC3's option.
3 - This changes audio volume wrt given value. Above 100% will increase, below 100% will decrease it. This one is also done with SoX.
I didn't combine these effects to see how they work. But using one norm. option alone should work.

@eahm I can make TTagger to write tool tag whenever it is possible. I can add an option to choose to write it.

@ChronoSphere I'll take look at folder depth-server thing. I don't have a chance to test it myself, so I might need your help there. It shouldn't be difficult to add file type filter, I guess it'll make to the next release.
TAC is restricted to one instance because of "shell extension". If you enable it, it should provide a link in right click menu. For this to work there must be a single instance AFAIK.
edit: interesting. Embedding artwork into TAK(APEv2) definitely works, but it's doing it differently than foobar does. At least with foobar files, I can use Icaros (FFMPEG based) to show artwork in explorer, while TAC's output doesn't show any artwork in explorer. It also seem to have an additional "cover" tag when inspected with mp3tag...

I noticed the extra tag too. I tried to find why the library writes it but I can't find the reason. Interestingly, it indicates to the full path of the image file.

TAudioConverter

Reply #665
About the folder depth, I think it's better to let user trim left/right side folder-wise, instead of making a workaround solely for a server configuration. Btw, you could test it even without an actual server if you share a folder on your computer, then go to \\computername\sharedfolder\ in windows explorer. I think you will have to enable file sharing for that though.

About covers, I just tested ape, wavpack, tak and mpc - ape & wavpack covers show up in explorer, tak & mpc don't. All four of them use APEv2, but maybe for tak & mpc you need some sort of a workaround? Maybe you could ask the tagging lib author that? It's like some part is missing to make them show up, or maybe there are different ways to embed a cover into tak & mpc?

edit: bug report: when encoding to wavpack in hybrid mode, TAC doesn't rename the .wvc files!

TAudioConverter

Reply #666
Hey ozok, TAC is on MajorGeeks today! Congratulations.

TAudioConverter

Reply #667
Update 0.9.3 changes:
-Added: [General] An option to write "Tool" tag whenever it's possible (thx to eahm)
-Added: [General] An option to filter file extensions (thx to ChronoSphere)
-Added: [General] Two new skins
-Fixed: [General] A bug where wavpack correction files weren't renamed (thx to ChronoSphere)
-Fixed: [General] A bug that caused "Custom Folder Tree" to fail if %title%, %artist% or %album% keywords were used
-Fixed: [General] If "Close TAudioConverter" post-encode option was selected output files weren't renamed
-Fixed: [General] If "Close TAudioConverter" post-encode option was selected settings weren't saved
-Fixed: [General] A bug where progress would revert back to zero and would show negative values
-Fixed: [General] Some WavPack streams were detected as Wav when copying audio
-Fixed: [General] A bug where over write options were ignored when "Copy Audio" was selected
-Fixed: [TCDRipper] Driver tray eject/close problem (thx to kolpotoru)
-Updated: ID3v2 and FLACTag libraries
-Updated: FDKAAC to 0.5.3
-Updated: QAAC to 2.35
-Updated: RefALAC to 1.35

Home page: http://taudioconverter.sourceforge.net/

TAudioConverter

Reply #668
Good update! Time to test something again. Thanks ozok.

IMO "Browse" is better than "Select" for the output folder. Annoying question, why aren't all the codecs (in each section [Losselss]/[Lossy]) ordered alphabetically (ex: ac3 > dts > m4a or/and ape > m4a etc.)?

TAudioConverter

Reply #669
ozok, qaac DOES NOT wite the default Tool tag when nothing is selected in the "Custom options" box. Now it write "QAAC" so something changed because it didn't write anything last time.

It should be something like "qaac 2.19, CoreAudioToolbox 7.9.8.3, Apple Lossless Encoder".

TAudioConverter

Reply #670
Thanks for the new update, Ozok!

TAudioConverter

Reply #671
Annoying question, why aren't all the codecs (in each section [Losselss]/[Lossy]) ordered alphabetically (ex: ac3 > dts > m4a or/and ape > m4a etc.)?

Actually they aren't ordered according to any rule. I think it comes from TX264 -TAC is forked from it- and FAAC was the first and default audio encoder there, so it stayed the same with TAC. I remember first adding QAAC and FhgAAC support, even before Lame. I just added encoders name as I added support for more encoders. I kept codec order while I was building the new UI.

ozok, qaac DOES NOT wite the default Tool tag when nothing is selected in the "Custom options" box. Now it write "QAAC" so something changed because it didn't write anything last time.

It should be something like "qaac 2.19, CoreAudioToolbox 7.9.8.3, Apple Lossless Encoder".

Yes TAC now writes tool names itself but I think I didn't get it completely right. I've noticed for some cases when tool tag is written to a qaac encoded file, tags can't be read by some programs (Mp3Tag for example). This happens to same files everytime so I'm guessing there is a specific reason but I couldn't find it yet.

TAudioConverter

Reply #672
Actually they aren't ordered according to any rule. I think it comes from TX264 -TAC is forked from it- and FAAC was the first and default audio encoder there, so it stayed the same with TAC. I remember first adding QAAC and FhgAAC support, even before Lame. I just added encoders name as I added support for more encoders. I kept codec order while I was building the new UI.

It doesn't really matter. It is just an annoyance because it's a millisecond easier to find the codecs

Yes TAC now writes tool names itself but I think I didn't get it completely right. I've noticed for some cases when tool tag is written to a qaac encoded file, tags can't be read by some programs (Mp3Tag for example). This happens to same files everytime so I'm guessing there is a specific reason but I couldn't find it yet.

Mp3tag does recognize the modified/changed Tool tag if made from the CLI (qaac.exe). I see the default one when converted normally then for example "MPEG-4 AAC (test test)" in the one converted with the modified tool tag.

TAudioConverter

Reply #673
I got it right this time I think, I managed to make TAC keep tool tag. I've tested AAC encoders and Lame and tool tag is written fine now. I'll test other encoders and release a beta.

TAudioConverter

Reply #674
I've prepared a beta. Self-extracting archives include updated components, so all you need to do is to copy it to TAC's folder and execute it.

Build 2958 changes:
-Fixed: [General] "Tool" tag wasn't written properly
-Fixed: [General] A few minor UI problems
-Fixed: [TTagger] Writing "Tool" tag to AAC files caused other tags to disappear in some rare cases

Download location: https://bitbucket.org/ozok/taudioconverter-...erter/downloads