Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Newly applied tags 'disappear' on crash (Read 1980 times) previous topic - next topic

Newly applied tags 'disappear' on crash

1. I tag a bunch of files
2. Foobar crashes
3. I reload, to find my files are no longer tagged
  In the playlist view they show up either with their previous tagging scheme or none
  Right clicking a file and going to properties shows no tagging information.
4. When a file is played, it's tags reappear as they were produced.

I can't find any way to 'refresh' my playlist, even clearing it and adding the directory again has no effect.  I'm confused.. 
< w o g o n e . c o m / l o l >

Reply #1
Select all files in question, open context menu, use Database->Reload info from file(s)

just wondering, is this crash reproducable in any way?
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #2
Thanks

The only reproducable crashes I have found are from trying to load my entire music directory to a playlist in one go [span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'](~11 days of music)[/span] or trying to load any of my mp4 files, which I mentioned in a different thread.  Otherwise it just sometimes stops responding on shutdown, it doesn't actually crash so that I get a logfile show up, but I have to convince it to close with taskmanager
< w o g o n e . c o m / l o l >