Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.9 beta 8 - audio drop-out on maximise/minimise (Read 1879 times) previous topic - next topic

0.9 beta 8 - audio drop-out on maximise/minimise

Hi,

I first posted this as a bug against beta 6, but as it still exists in beta 8, I thought I would post again to ensure it is logged.

I have 2 sounds cards in my PC - a Creative Audigy as the windows primary sounds card and an RME HDSP 9632 as my main sound card.  With foobar 0.83 both work fine. (RME using waveOut)

With beta 8 I have two problems when playing via the RME sound card which are probably related:
1) The audio drops out for ~0.5 sec when maximising and miniming foobar
2) It is only possible to set the audio playback to 16 bits - if I set to 32bits then I get:
IDirectSound::CreateSoundBuffer failed : 88780064
in the foobar console.

The creative card seems to be OK (but then I don't listen to it much!)

Is there any info I can provide to help debug this problem.  At present I don't think the 0.9 beta output drivers are as stable as those in 0.83.

T