Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Stream WMA Lossless From Website (Read 4232 times) previous topic - next topic

Stream WMA Lossless From Website

I have uploaded a fairly large media collection - in WMA Lossless - to my website.  I'd like to be able to stream this collection from the website, with a playlist and all.  Is there a program out there that can do this.  I found that Coffeecup woul be perfect, but it's only for MP3s.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
ixman

Reply #1
There is little support for lossless streaming over the 'net thanks to the huge bandwidth requirements.

Rather than using a program though, couldn't you just map the folder on your PC and then just use whatever player you already have? I'm assuming you have FTP access to the site.
EAC>1)fb2k>LAME3.99 -V 0 --vbr-new>WMP12 2)MAC-Extra High

Reply #2
Have you tried renaming the .wma to .asf  that is Microsofts streaming format.

Reply #3
I don’t know if WMA makes a huge difference (I don’t have any WMA files), but I use streaming over a standard web server (Apache). I just create a M3U playlist, put it together with the audio files in the web directory and open the playlist over HTTP in foobar2000. Works great with MP3 and FLAC (foobar2000 doesn’t recognize Ogg tags over HTTP, so seeking doesn’t work with Ogg Vorbis, but playing works fine). It’s not over the Internet but only in my (W)LAN, but the principle is the same. Even seeking in FLAC works instantly.
FLAC.

Reply #4
There is little support for lossless streaming over the 'net thanks to the huge bandwidth requirements.

Rather than using a program though, couldn't you just map the folder on your PC and then just use whatever player you already have? I'm assuming you have FTP access to the site.

I think that you're right about that.  My goal was to have music follow me around which ever computer I went to .I think that may do the trick.  Thanks!

R