Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Some noob questions about CD-R/RW... (Read 2391 times) previous topic - next topic

Some noob questions about CD-R/RW...

1. How to decrease C2 errors? i have bought some cheap 99mins CD-R(brand name is Melody, www.melodygroup.com).
Is there any software can test the blank CD-R/RW quality?
Currently im using cdspeed2000.
[a href="http://imageshack.us" target="_blank"]
This is the 2nd disc i burned, i wonder i should continue to use them...

2. i have tired to over-burn my CD-R(same brand), about 861MB, with the nero(version 5).
i have tested several times with cdspeed2000 overburning-test.
in the test, this 2 app didnt produce any error.
however i burn my video file to this CD-R,
burn process finished without any error, but my CD-writer couldnt read the last file correctly, tested with ISObuster, cdspeed2000, CD-check and copy the file to harddsik....
all apps above will stop copying the file when reach 80%...
Why i can overburn my CD-R but my CD-Writer couldnt read it correctly?

Reply #1
I'm not sure I understand all that you wrote, so I don't know if my information is relevant. I have a package of Philips CD-RW disks that are rated 4-12X. Most of them just won't work at more than 4X, however. Some other brands I have work fine at full speed, so I don't think my Plextor drive is at fault. So, you might try some lower writing speeds and see if anything improves. At least with RW you have nothing to lose but the time it takes to experiment.

Reply #2
I'm afraid you just discovered what your burner's limits are in terms of overburning/overreading.

Anything above 80min (700MB) is, if I'm not mistaken, violating the standard.

Take a look here.

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

Reply #3
I'm sure there are exceptions but every one of the various brands of CD-RW I have are 650 meg. Sometimes, for any particular disk, that is overly optimistic.