Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help (Read 1388591 times) previous topic - next topic

WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help

Reply #2825
When I click the last.fm link in the bio script, it says "unable to launch your default browser."

foobar seems to be able to launch other things in the browser with foo_run. Any idea what could cause this?

Reply #2826
2 things...

-if you hover your mouse over the button, do you see a tooltip? does the URL look properly formed?
-press winkey + R to bring up the Run dialog. does typing a web address (eg http://www.hydrogenaudio.org) into that launch your browser?

Reply #2827
I don't see a tooltip when I hover over the button.

Launching with the Run dialog does work.

Reply #2828
i think i've fixed what's wrong. right click panel>Update script.

thanks for spotting it.

Reply #2829
I updated and now the panel just crashes immediately.

EDIT: That's not entirely accurate. It crashes as soon as I select an artist. On the plus side, the button does work without anything selected.

Reply #2831
Everything looks good now. Thanks for the quick fixes!

Reply #2832
it should be fixed now. right click panel>Update script.

full download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples.zip
changelog: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...h/changelog.txt

because of the changes i've had to make, there is no hourglass image to show it's working. i can no longer tell when images have finished downloading. instead i check the folder for new images on a timer. for that same reason, the re-scan folder option has been removed from the right click menu because it's not needed. (it's still there in custom folder mode though)

great, the problem is gone, thanks for update

Reply #2833
@marc2003 : One more small thing about thumbs script (and probably artreader too)
When show image in center or stretch type, left & top border seem not sharp like right & bottom border.
For me it's not a big problem, but can you fix it

Reply #2834
update your script and see if it's any better.

Reply #2835
@marc2003
I'm new to this site. First, thanks for all your work on these scripts. I have one request. lastfm does not always have photos or bios of artists I play. Your "now playing" script still creates a folder with the "artist.getInfo_mod.json" file. I would like the "open containing folder" option to always be available. That way I can add my own photos to the folder.
Otherwise, it is very difficult for me to find out which folder belongs to which artist because the filenames are crc32 coded.
Thanks in advance.

Reply #2836
Just want to say thanks Marc2003 for all the scripts and the work you put into them. I made the switch from itunes to f2k last week and have spent the time since then playing around with them, trying to get the perfect layout. I think I've managed it now. Cheers!

Reply #2838
I would like the "open containing folder" option to always be available. That way I can add my own photos to the folder.

done. right click panel>Update script.

Reply #2839
@marc2003
Much Thanks! Works great.

Reply #2840
WTF.  Today i go on last.fm.. radio works again. It's now based on youtube, not bad  , it would be good if we can listen radio in foobar as before.
..I check this again, it is based on youtube, but it seems that sound is converted in mp3 format while you listen..

Reply #2841
marc2003 - thanks for the new allmusic review script.  If easy to do, can you expose the artist and album values passed to the function that does the search (via the properties menu in the allmusic review script would be fine), so that users can tweak these with title formatting?  Such an ability will help with finding more matches.  Thanks as always for your efforts.

Reply #2843
That you also added it to the context menu for the script is great.  Thanks!

Reply #2844
Is possible to somehow tell script that read 'artist_tf' from %title%, if i don't have tagged files. Example: When i have song in format %artist% - %title%. What titleformating to use to extract only first part of that string, which is the artist? Basically i have ''%artist% _something'' or ''%artist% - something'' in title?

Would be good if i don't have to waste my time for tagging..

Reply #2845
What is the sanest way to check if a certain metadata field is present in a track? Would it be fb.TitleFormat("$meta_num(field)").EvalWithMetadb(metadb) > 0 or something else entirely?

EDIT: Okay, I guess fb.TitleFormat("[%field%]").EvalWithMetadb(metadb) does the trick much better.

Reply #2846
marc2003, regarding your lastfm & wiki biography script: it works great, but if not too difficult it would be even better if it could handle multivalues for the artist variable.  For now, I manually modify the number in "$meta(artist,0)" in the artist remapping to see the bios of different artists in songs with multiple artists (common for my jazz and classical songs).  If you see value in it and not difficult, it would be great if a user could choose from the context menu one of the artists when more than one artist is detected.  Thanks as always!

Reply #2847
it's a bit too tricky really so i won't be doing it.

you can try this button i made instead. when clicked, it provides a menu listing all values in the artist tag and will launch the last.fm website when you select one.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...io%20button.txt

Reply #2848
Is it possible to (optionally) only show artists existing in the database in last.fm similar artists panel? Either that or display those in a different color. When set to generate autoplaylists on click it would make sense to see if the playlist is not going to be empty because you don't have the artist in the database.

I tried to figure it out but I'm afraid this foobar scripting is way over my head.

Reply #2849
sorry but that isn't possible. there are no library functions in WSH panel mod.