Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Drag and drop out of foobar (Read 2790 times) previous topic - next topic

Drag and drop out of foobar

Dear community,

I'm wondering if there is the possibility to use foobar not as an audio player, but its powerful database abilities. I have a huge collection of music (>300000 songs) and I am using mixxx for DJing with Mp3s.
foobar is great both for organizing my music collection, especially auutomatically add replaygain and bpm and so on. But foobars advanced search script is also very useful to search for some nice song that matches the bpm/genre/year.

And here's what I miss: Every time I found a song, i cannot drag and drop it out of foobar into mixxx (or any other application). I could either copy the entire file path, or I can use the "open containinjg folder" feature. Is there a 3rd party component, that can do this more efficient?

Thanks a  lot (and excuse my poor english)

Reply #1
I can drag-n-drop from fb2k playlist to Winamp.
ver. 1.1.16.

Reply #3
You can drag from the "library tree".
last.fm | bulletproof2k

Reply #4
Really? I will have to test it today...

Well, what makes my problem a little bit more complicated is that I run foobar under Linux with Wine. So maybe the disfunctionality is due to the use of wine, not foobar. This would also make sense, because the file handling is somehow changed within wine, so the foobar filename is not the "true" filename...

Maybe I could use a command line plugin... Hm... I will think about it...

First of all: Thank you very much...

Reply #5
"Command line plugin" = foo_run. It allows you to run a custom commad from the context menu. It supports full title formatting, so something like "mixx --add %path%" or  might work.