Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: cue sheets (Read 1667 times) previous topic - next topic

cue sheets

Hello,

For my music I almost exclusively use wave files and separate cue sheets which hold the album and track information.

As I share the music library between SlimServer and foobar2000, I need to make sure that cue sheets are compatible between the two. This seems to be the case for most cue file entries (attributes).

I now run into a special case and would like to ask for help: SlimServer support the "REM END" attribute which allows to specifiy the end of a track. This allows to create cue-sheets (with different album titles) for sections of a wave file. For example, tracks 1 to 4 of a wave file could be for Symphony A, and tracks 5 to 8 for Symphony B (and in its cue sheet they would be numbered 1 to 4). In the first cue sheet a "REM END" attribute would signal the end of the last track (track 4), thereby avoiding it to extend to the end of the wave file.

The current behavior of foobar2000 is not to recognize the "REM END" attribute. It uses the beginning of the next track as the end time, or if there is no next track (as in the case of track 4 above) the end of the wave file (assuming tracks 5 and higher are in a separate cue sheet).

Does somebody know whether foobar2000 supports another cue sheet attribute that fills the same purpose as "REM END"?
Would it be possible to implement such a feature? Where should I go to make such a request?

Thanks for your help and all the best for the New Year.