Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI appearance (Read 3270723 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI appearance

Reply #2300
All visible icons are made from Win10 Segoe MDL2 Assets fonts.

Can anyone tell me the code o the Now playing icon (third one from the left on top)?
I've been looking here, but I can't find it.
I'm late

Reply #2301
I can't find that in any of the Segoe fonts, and I checked MDL2 Assets and Segoe Symbol twice. I also tried Symbol and all the Wingdings. Sorry, no joy.  :(

Reply #2302
I can't find that in any of the Segoe fonts, and I checked MDL2 Assets and Segoe Symbol twice. I also tried Symbol and all the Wingdings. Sorry, no joy.  :(

Thanks for taking the time. I guess awx is the only one who can answer, so I second jazzthieve's request:
Nice work awx, do you mind sharing your config?
I'm late

Reply #2303
It probably means nothing, but the other five icons in that row are on the first page when looking at the font with the Character Map app.

I wonder if it's an animation and not a font symbol.

Well, I'm certainly curious now.

Reply #2304
It probably means nothing, but the other five icons in that row are on the first page when looking at the font with the Character Map app.

I don't think so, the windows 10 Groove Music app uses the same symbol and it is not animated.
I'm late

Reply #2305

I don't think so, the windows 10 Groove Music app uses the same symbol and it is not animated.

Groove music resources folder has font SegMVR2.ttf. (Segoe MVR MDL2 Assets)
Character map shows the icon at U+E93D  in this font.

Reply #2306
Groove music resources folder has font SegMVR2.ttf. (Segoe MVR MDL2 Assets)
Character map shows the icon at U+E93D  in this font.

That's it! I don't have that font installed, though, which is weird if it really is a system font. Where do I find the Groove Music resources folder?
I'm late

Reply #2308
It isn't a system font.
All UWP are installed at \Program Files\WindowsApps.

Alright, I found the tff file in one of the ZuneMusic folders. Problem solved, thanks a lot Zeremy!
I'm late

Reply #2309
That explains why it doesn't show up in my fonts lists; I'm locked out of the WindowsApps folder. Moomph.

Reply #2311
You must change the permission settings: How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10
One look at the dialog when I first clicked on the WindowsApps folder convinced me I didn't really need access. After all, I'm not a Windows developer; almost all my programming experience is in VBA for Excel and Word, although during the past few years I have been learning JavaScript for JScript Panel and Photoshop scripts.

Nonetheless, thanks for the link. I'll read the article out of curiosity, and bookmark it in case I change my mind.

Reply #2312
You must change the permission settings: How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10
One look at the dialog when I first clicked on the WindowsApps folder convinced me I didn't really need access. After all, I'm not a Windows developer

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough: the font does not show up in your font list because it's not installed. If you want to install it you must change the permission setting to find the SegMVR2.ttf file. At least that's what I did.
I'm late

Reply #2313
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough: the font does not show up in your font list because it's not installed. If you want to install it you must change the permission setting to find the SegMVR2.ttf file. At least that's what I did.
Understood; I just don't have any need for the font. As long as Groove Music has access to it, I'm happy to stay out of the WindowsApps folder. For the time being, anyway....  ;)

Reply #2314
Hello all,

Just looking for some pointers and advice in regards to achieving some custom features on an already modified skin.

I'm using Osaka underground and my skin looks something like this:

But I'm looking to try and achieve something resembling this:

Basically looking to add Waveform seekbar, Spectrum analyser and VU meters, but I have trouble with panel stack and not being able to move them around freely. Depending on the stacking the waveform panel stack disables or hides some buttons which is not good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is my portable directory for anyone who could possibly mod this for me:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/n5blu6guv3kqy2o/foobar2000.zip

Thanks in advanced.
Joe.

Reply #2315
All visible icons are made from Win10 Segoe MDL2 Assets fonts.

Can anyone tell me the code o the Now playing icon (third one from the left on top)?
I've been looking here, but I can't find it.

Sorry guys for late answer. Yep, my config is using two Segoe fonts, that's why I wrote "fonts" instead "font". And yes, that MVR version I took from Groove app resources, that's why I can't share my config publicly, I think it won't be legal to share it with fonts. And without these fonts you will see only squares instead normal icons.

Reply #2316
I'm finally starting to dig some jscript which allowed me to merge my previous config with a groove music style layout:

I'm late

Reply #2317
@davideleo  I'm curious to see your work however no image is shown.

Reply #2319
Yes it is. Nice work, is this 100% jscript? What is that similar artist part?

Reply #2320

No, jscript is mainly used for automation in the background and for the playlist switcher, which is "camouflaged" within the side menu.
The "similar artist" panel is an esplaylist panel pinned to a same genre query playlist, which is part of the above mentioned automation.
I'm late

Reply #2321

No, jscript is mainly used for automation in the background and for the playlist switcher, which is "camouflaged" within the side menu.
The "similar artist" panel is an esplaylist panel pinned to a same genre query playlist, which is part of the above mentioned automation.

P.S. I also use jscript to fetch the windows 10 accent color palette, as you might have read in the jscript discussion thread a few days ago.
I'm late

Reply #2322
Google Photos does not allow remote hosting on a permanent basis, the images you are posting stop working within a few hours of linking them. Try imgur instead. Or use the convenient post attachment feature of this forum.

Reply #2323
Google Photos does not allow remote hosting on a permanent basis, the images you are posting stop working within a few hours of linking them.

I never knew. Aren't the pictures in this post still visible?
I'm late

Reply #2324
Aha. It apparently happens when you try to link to images from private albums. You have to share the whole album they're contained in publicly, for them to be linkable externally.