Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7 (Read 914569 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1150
Makes me sad all my favorite last.fm-related components are having issues now

Why did they have to "fix" what wasn't broken?

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1151
it looks like the metabrainz foundation (the people behind musicbrainz) are setting up a new service called listenbrainz. they have an alpha website which i think is being overly generous. it supposedly lets you import data from last.fm but you can barely browse the site, it's so slow. i think they need to feed the hamsters that are powering it. as yet there is no client software or an API to make your own submissions but i guess that will come with time.

it could have potential though. at least you know everything about it will be open.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1152
it could have potential though. at least you know everything about it will be open.

It appears as if the project is making progress faster than libre.fm which is promising.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1153
lol been trying to import LastFM stats into ListenBrainz for 2 days, so far without success, always freezes at some point.

EDIT: ok quick edit, seems their servers are faster now.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1154
yep, updates in the last few hours have certainly made a difference. yesterday, it took about 16 hours for a "listen" sent with a script i made to appear on my profile. this evening, they've been appearing instantly.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1155
Well, here's to that! last.fm has been giving errors left right and center for me. Importing to Listenbrainz and let's hope for a brighter future!

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1157
It works perfectly, thank you! Guess now it's time to wait for Listenbrainz to develop further.

EDIT: Would it be worthwhile to make this a new thread, since it's technically no longer about last.fm/scrobbling?

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1158
Is there a way to import from Libre.fm yet?

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1162
fixed. use the same link to download again. further problems should go in the WSH script thread or on github if you have an account.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1163
Somebody have audioscrobbler version 1.3.12? Could you send it to me?

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1164
I've always had the time 15 minutes ahead on my pc to help me not get late on my job etc... I never had issues scrobbling until I believe the new last fm came out... I kept getting that error for months:
Audioscrobbler: Handshake failed: The system time is far off. Please correct your system time.
Audioscrobbler: Handshake failed.

Tried changing my clock to correct time.. some hours.. days ahead or back..months, moved away the foo_audioscrobbler.dll.cfg, nothing worked, one of my configs managed to submit the cached songs 2 times during those months... the clock was 15 ahead when that happened.
Well.. I just gave up on scrobbles since the official lastfm app is out of question here, anyways kept my audioscrobbler turned on... had almost 5.000 tracks cached, then I did a Windows fresh install few days ago and my foobar/audioscrobbler 1.4.7 was working fine again.. handshake didn't fail anymore. I tried changing the clock to 15 minutes ahead it failed, returned to correct time and no problems anymore, even though the cache was successful submited.. my plays did increase about 700 plays only.. 4.000+ were lost. I am not checking track by track but apparently new tracks have been submitting normally.

Somebody have audioscrobbler version 1.3.12? Could you send it to me?

Have you found it? I got the version 1.3.16 here, would that one works for you?

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1165
Have you found it? I got the version 1.3.16 here, would that one works for you?

No, I don't found  . v1.3.12 or little lower is needed (It's for old nostalgic machine with Win2000 ).
In other cases 1.4.7 works for me.

Re: foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1166
Audioscrobbler: Still awaiting handshake. Cache contains 108 tracks.
For me it still breaks all the time. Sad. :)

Reply #1167
I'm having the same problem as Luckz. No scrobbles since Februrary 10. The cache is filling.

Reply #1168
I don't scrobble any more but I did just test this and it appeared to work fine. Perhaps deleting your configuration file (configuration\foo_audioscrobbler.cfg) and losing the cached scrobbles would be a small price to pay to get it working again? Don't forget you'll need to set your preferences again if you do this,

Reply #1169
For me a regular foobar restart usually makes it scrobble again while keeping the old cached scrobbles in the cfg; sadly when it bugs on my phone it's not that easy and I usually lose more plays. Fortunately it bugs up there less often.

Reply #1170
It mysteriously scrobbled now. I didn't delete anything. Strange.

Reply #1171
I noticed that, since the big change on Last.FM, Audioscrobbler stays logged in for a shorter length of time, which is only about 12-24 hours. If I keep Foobar open for longer, it will not scrobble anymore. The console reports that 'notification failed due to bad session ID'. It appears to try to re-establish a session, but handshake fails for every track because 'the system time is far off'. I only use 1 player with the component installed.

Reply #1172
That may be it. My computer is running 24/7 and I rarely close foobar2000.

Reply #1173
Just for the record: foo_audioscrobbler stopped working when I activated the box "Only submit tracks from the media library"
Console said something like wrong username/password combo.
I unticked the box and all 900 cached tracks were submitted after a restart.

Reply #1174
Sanity check: Are the tracks you are trying to scrobble in your Media Library, i.e., are the folders listed in your "Music folders" as defined in the Media Library section of Preferences?