Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Question on playback queue (Read 2116 times) previous topic - next topic

Question on playback queue

I am new to Foobar 2000.  I see that I can right click and select a number of files to play.  Is there a way to have these selected files play ONLY?  What is happening is that when the last selected song plays the very next item in the list then plays.  Often, rather than create multiple lists, I will select a handful of songs from a master list and just play those.  Thanks

Question on playback queue

Reply #2
What is happening is that when the last selected song plays the very next item in the list then plays.
That is the exact purpose of the playback queue: to insert some songs between the flow of the current playlist. It is not designed for building a now-playing list. The feature seems like an afterthought to me, and sometimes I think it might be better if it did not exist due to the confusion it causes.

Often, rather than create multiple lists, I will select a handful of songs from a master list and just play those.
Then maintain a ?playlist on the go? in addition to whichever list(s)/categories you already have set up as separate playlists. Send songs from your ‘normal’ playlists to that, and keep it playing.

Sure, there are workarounds, but the best solution is to understand the different behaviours and purposes of playlists vs. the playback queue within foobar2000, without reference to how they might work in other applications such as Winamp. If you are interested, these subjects have been discussed many times before in past threads that should be easy to find on a search.