Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: how to choose a song, when the whole album is in one single file? (Read 4163 times) previous topic - next topic

how to choose a song, when the whole album is in one single file?

hello

in case an album with 10 or more songs is a whole file (not seperated files for each song), is there something we can do to be able to choose a specific song to play?

apart from cutting this big file into pieces

thanks

Reply #2
Create CUE file and use players that support it (foobar2000, for example).

Reply #3
thanks

but, can I do this in a portable mp3 player? I suppose no (I am not sure, though)

if not, can I seperate the whole file into song files? without any quality loss and any mistakes? so that I can use them in a portable mp3 player and be able to choose songs

thanks

Reply #5
http://mpesch3.de1.cc/mp3dc.html
fast mpeg audio editing
mp3DirectCut

All you need to cut your mp3

mp3DirectCut is a fast and extensive audio editor and recorder for compressed mp3. You can directly cut, copy, paste or change the volume with no need to decompress your files for audio editing. This saves encoding time and preserves the original quality, because nothing will be re-encoded. The built in recorder creates mp3 on the fly from your audio input. Using Cue sheets, pause detection or Auto cue you can easily divide long files.