Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Displaying Albums( don't having artwork) (Read 2684 times) previous topic - next topic

Displaying Albums( don't having artwork)

I wonder is there any way to make the foobar display only those albums which dont have artwork, so that i can manage them easily. using facets, simplaylist.

Reply #1
You can do this filter in mp3tag

Reply #2
or in other words: no, it's not possible in foobar2000!
however, i'll desire that feature too but i think it requires something like a cache that also could mmade image loading in several parts of fb2k (f.e. facets) faster? (more a question than a claim)

Reply #3
however, i'll desire that feature too but i think it requires something like a cache that also could mmade image loading in several parts of fb2k (f.e. facets) faster? (more a question than a claim)

yes, that would be a good move though this could result in performance vs memory trade-off. So for now should i assume that i have to keep searching manually every album and fix it (seems weird).

Reply #4
You could try some sort of batch file to check each folder, look for a folder.jpg file, then print the full path if the file was not found.

Reply #5

yes, that would be a good move though this could result in performance vs memory trade-off. So for now should i assume that i have to keep searching manually every album and fix it (seems weird).

If your artwork is in your song files, like I said, you can do it in Mp3tag.

Quote from: http://help.mp3tag.de/main_filter.html link=msg=0 date=
%_covers% IS ""
All files that do not contain cover art.

Reply #6
It seems fairly odd that there is not a way to do a basic search for files where the tag is missing in F2K since you can use F2K to embed the artwork in the tags. It's not clear why something like

Code: [Select]
%cover% MISSING

isn't implemented for use in a search, facets or autoplaylists.

Reply #7
foo_covers should be able to do this. Unfortunately, queries such as
Code: [Select]
%albumart_front% MISSING
cause foobar to become unresponsive.

You could get around this by checking a smaller number of songs at a time, or adding %albumart_front% as a custom column and scrolling down to see if any are missing.

Reply #8
If your artwork is in your song files, like I said, you can do it in Mp3tag.

Quote from: http://help.mp3tag.de/main_filter.html link=msg=0 date=
%_covers% IS ""
All files that do not contain cover art.

ahhhh....this seems to be useful, i will definitely try this thanks for the tip.  btw most of the covers are in tags only.