Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: update to 1.2.5 no more rating_stars (Read 3059 times) previous topic - next topic

update to 1.2.5 no more rating_stars

hey guys,

the ratings stars are not longer displayed since i upgraded to 1.2.5
i use esplaylist with the custom coloum rating and pattern: "$pad($repeat(★,%rating%), 5,✩)"
but since yesterday all stars stay grey. the tags in the files are stil the same.

any idea?

Thanks

Ben

Reply #1
have you check the column details to make sure it hasn't been accidentally replaced by the built in rating column?

also, if you installed foo_playcount, that would have the effect of your ratings not showing as well. if that is the case, you'd need to use

Code: [Select]
$pad($repeat(★,$meta(rating)), 5,✩)

Reply #2
thanks marc, this worked out. what is this $meta?

Reply #4
have you check the column details to make sure it hasn't been accidentally replaced by the built in rating column?

also, if you installed foo_playcount, that would have the effect of your ratings not showing as well. if that is the case, you'd need to use

Code: [Select]
$pad($repeat(?,$meta(rating)), 5,?)

Howdy Marc I added this in to the pattern and it looks like it worked but I am unable to click the stars to pick the rating for each song. Do I need something other than just that pattern?
Cheers

Reply #5
Howdy Marc I added this in to the pattern and it looks like it worked but I am unable to click the stars to pick the rating for each song. Do I need something other than just that pattern?
Cheers

Do you use EsPlaylist?
If so, go to Preferences > Tools > EsPlaylist > Behaviour > Rating editing.
Select what each command should do.
I have mine set to Playback Statistics/Rating/#
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #6
Hello,

I am updated to latest foobar 2000 v1.2.8. , I used Quicktagger to rate my songs. Quicktagger is v1.0.3.

Problem: Now foobar does not show the right tagging in the Rating column at certain audio files.

I followed this tutorial to discover what am I missing:
http://hyora.logu2.com/t14-topic

Also checked this thread, but no luck:
When I set e.g rate 4, it shows in the File Properties of the song as Rating 4.

But the Rating column in the playlist just shows 5 star for every song (even for ones that were not rated at all!)

All looks messed up now.

Can someone explain how to recover the Quicktagger Rating in foobar?