Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_midi/BASSMIDI omit tracks when using SoundFont w/only 1 instrument (Read 2511 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_midi/BASSMIDI omit tracks when using SoundFont w/only 1 instrument

Hello!
I really liked this plugin - foo_midi - it played my MIDI files very well in the way I wanted (every instrument changed into grand piano). I used FluidSynth with Soundfont which has only grand piano samples. But in version 1.149 the author removed support for FluidSynth and BASSMIDI doesn't have the functionality I want.
So I was looking for the previous version in Google but I couldn't find. Maybe someone here at the forum has an older version of this fantastic plugin?

Thanks in advice!

Reply #1
Why, FluidSynth is horrendous.

And what functionality does BASSMIDI lack?

Reply #2
This seems to be a problem with both BASSMIDI and XMPlay's MIDI plug-in. I'm reporting the problem. I have sent you a link to a temporary build which re-enables FluidSynth, which should hold you over until BASSMIDI has a workaround.

Reply #3
@mudlord:
When you have Soundfont only with grand piano samples, BASSMIDI will play only grand piano tracks in MIDI file and FluidSynth will play all the tracks, no matter for which instrument.

@kode54:
Thank you!

Reply #4
I updated to a new version with some important changes, and since BASSMIDI hasn't been changed to deal with this issue yet, I implemented options to disable instrument and/or bank changes for all supported MIDI drivers, including BASSMIDI. So now you can just turn off the instrument changes and everything will come out sounding like pianos, except for drum tracks.

Reply #5
It works fine now, thank you very much!