Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Channel Mixer (foo_channel_mixer) (Read 530163 times) previous topic - next topic

Channel Mixer (foo_channel_mixer)

Reply #50
I don't have these issues neither.

(nforce2 - Audigy 2 - .net 1.1)

Should be your soundchip or driver issues.

Reply #51
Shame on me, but what is Mode: "Copy" under the Upmix tab?

Reply #52
I don't know if there's any easy way for component devs to access the keyboard shortcut interface, but if there's an API for that, I'd love to be able to control some of the settings at the press of a button, specifically to switch between 6 channel and 2 channel (aka headphone) mix. I don't know whether anybody else is interested in it, maybe I'm the only one.  Anyway, thanks for the plugin, it's awesome.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=281950"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for your suggestion.
I plan to add profiles in which sets of settings will be saved. After that, I shall add possibility of switching of profiles automatically or manually.
My English is very good!
...in comparison with my Korean language...

Reply #53
Based on what ive tried it seems to be a problem with channel mixer, after i installed the latest .Net framwork.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=281951"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Channel Mixer does not depend from .Net framework.

Check your settings in
Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices Properties -> Volume -> Advanced -> Hardware Acceleration.
My English is very good!

Reply #54
Shame on me, but what is Mode: "Copy" under the Upmix tab?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282211"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

"Copy" means that stereo channels are simply copied to front and rear channels while upmixing without any additional processing.
"Surround" processes the stereo signal instead of just copying it to the front and rear channels.
My English is very good!

Reply #55
Hey,

Well for some reason I can not enable the subwoofer settings. All are grayed out and do not know why.

And everything else appears to be working fine and yes it does sound better after I changed Rear settings.

I have an audigy 2 plat. pro. Using old 5.1 speakers atm. Are they just not supported?

My subwoofer is working fine.

Thanks,
  Will
God Bless U.S.A

Reply #56
Well for some reason I can not enable the subwoofer settings. All are grayed out and do not know why.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282318"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Subwoofer settings are enabled only on 6-channels output mode.
My English is very good!

Reply #57
oh ok cool

not sure how i missed that

thanks,
  will
God Bless U.S.A

Reply #58
yes, a quick-switch profile feature would be most useful... i use your plugin to give me bass from sub when i play games with 5.1 audio - works great 

however a profile switch mode for the dsp stack would be even better methinks 

maybe i should make a thread for such a feature request?

peter doesent seem to be doing much developing atm, but we could get it for the next version mebbe 

JT

Reply #59
How about copying or redirecting some channels to another sound output device?

I would love to be able to send for instance the front channels to my onboard soundcard instead of the usb, since the onboard can output them via S/PDIF.

Reply #60
How about copying or redirecting some channels to another sound output device?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282954"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Search for output plug which can do this for you. DSP plugins can't control this...
My English is very good!

Reply #61
Aight 

Reply #62
First off id like to thank you for letting foobar do something with all my speakers, but i think ive found a problem with channel mixer.

About a week ago i installed the .Net framework, and upgraded channel mixer to 0.6 and now every so often (about every 5 minutes) audio playback either stops completly or slows down and is filled with buzzes and cracks. The foobar console shows nothing, when the track pauses playing, moving the slider restarts playback. Tracks can freeze or start buzzing at any point in the track, seemingly at random.

Ive removed everything from my dsp chain except channel mixer, have tried using different output methods (directsound, waveout) and found that kernel streaming is even worse (constant buzzing and hissing)

Im running XP pro on a nforce2 w/ soundstorm motherboard, latest drivers and updates, have reinstalled foobar from scratch and the problem is still there.

It effects mp3, wave and ogg files (i dont have any other formats) and does not effect media player classic, windows media player or other media players ive tried.

Based on what ive tried it seems to be a problem with channel mixer, after i installed the latest .Net framwork.

Hope you can help

Nick
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=281951"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello
I'm a french  user.
At first, thanks a lot for channel_mixer it's a very great composant.
I have the same problem with a A7N8X-E deluxe with the 6 channel mode Foobar stops complettly.
Did you use RG info ?
With 6 channel mode foobar stops with or without RG info.
But in 4 for channle mode, foobar slows down and don't play with RG info in "album"

Reply #63
No problems on my Nforce 2 board.............latestest drivers(5.10 for the board and 4.57 for audio), and net 1.1......and the newest channel mixer..........the only problem I have had is kernal streaming never works for me in 6 channel mode, but then again it never worked, when I tried to play an audio file with 6 channels...............

Reply #64
I have the same problem with a A7N8X-E deluxe with the 6 channel mode Foobar stops complettly.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283605"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Whether appearance of this symptom depends on change of options of the subwoofer or playing 6-channels tracks w/o Channel Mixer?
Did you use RG info ?
But in 4 for channle mode, foobar slows down and don't play with RG info in "album"

Channel Mixer does not use metainfo from tracks.
Try to test foobar w/o channel mixer with DSP plugin "convert stereo to 4 channels". Does the problem persist?
My English is very good!

Reply #65
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283605"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Whether appearance of this symptom depends on change of options of the subwoofer or playing 6-channels tracks w/o Channel Mixer?
Did you use RG info ?

Channel Mixer does not use metainfo from tracks.
Try to test foobar w/o channel mixer with DSP plugin "convert stereo to 4 channels". Does the problem persist?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=284426"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Whatever subwoofer reglage's or other, foobar stops completly with 6 channel

Channel is not in trouble with RG info, the problem was with other composant.

Reply #67
Version: 0.7 alpha

- added: profiles
- changed: rear channels processing controls logic (yes, again...   )

http://skipyrich.siteburg.com/store/foo_channel_mixer.zip
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=285032"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for release.
Could you check crc of fila because is maybe corrupt

Reply #68
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=285083"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try to download file again by another downloader. File on the server is valid.
Size: 48791 bytes, crc32: b93924d9.
My English is very good!

Reply #69
Thanks for release.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=285083"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What did you try to open it with? Occasionally the .ZIP opener thingy inbuilt into XP will do that. Try something like WinRAR or 7-Zip.

Reply #70
Mine downloaded with no problem and correct CRC32 check sum.

Reply #71
With flashget or Firefox the file size is 19.5ko....
A friend get it for me with correct size.
Thanks

Reply #72
No problems here. Mozilla 1.8beta.

Thx for the plugin, skipyrich! Music would be less fun without it.

Reply #73
With flashget or Firefox the file size is 19.5ko....
A friend get it for me with correct size.
Thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=285324"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do not right-click/save-as.  Follow the link.

Reply #74
I thnk I've find solution for 6 channel problem.
The defficient was the kernel streaming, with this outpout foobar stop but not with directsound 2 or 2.5 output