Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_menu_addons (Read 164118 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_menu_addons

Reply #25
feature requests welcome eh? why not take the plugin a step further and just open the menu right up. maybe a preferences panel like the context menu preferences.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #26
feature requests welcome eh? why not take the plugin a step further and just open the menu right up. maybe a preferences panel like the context menu preferences.

I was thinking the same thing. The ability to customize the menu was available in version 0.8x, why not bring it back in this component?

foo_menu_addons

Reply #27
I've checked before, I can access the current DSP mananger's preset, but I can't access those are saved but not in use, if I'm wrong, please correct me.
No, you are right. I forgot about the saved presets and thought only of the current playback DSP configuration.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #28

Am i right that opportunity to configure main menu was removed because of such phenomens: In 0.8.3 i install f.e. foo_skip that uses a skip submenu, i rename this group to "no play" (just an example), i create a new string, foo_skip creates a new skip submenu to place the new command because it couldn't be aware that its submenu was renamed to "no play".

Such difficulties also happened in context menu that also was changed in 0.9: You can't configure special submenus  like "Search for same" anymore so that this problem was solved.

If that was the main reason i would prefer to request to make main menu in the same limited way configurable like context menu. An additional limitation then should also be that you can just configure inside of one menu  But i believe that this shouldn't be done by a plugin but be up to Peters decision.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #29
@q-stankovic:
does your request mans:
if the "playback follow cursor" is checked and the newly created item is also checked, after I played a song, the player will stop? and my newly created item will become unchecked?

It means: after playback of selected tracks starts the option "playback follows cursor" will be unchecked. But as mazy said you can achieve the same by queueing that track. My requested option is not neccessary!

But all that brought me to another idea: When the playbackqueue finishes the playback continues in same playlist directly after the last track of the queue. An option to continue from the point before queue was activated is something many people already requested. Someting like "Don't update playback position after queue". Hopefully you will find a nicer name for that option if you will implement this.

@mazy@squeller
I like your requests

foo_menu_addons

Reply #30
there was a bug that when any of the dsp is placed in the DSP manager but is also removed from the foobar component directory.
try the new version to see if it is fixed.

No, it's not fixed! 

I will post the crash log as soon as i can. 

foo_menu_addons

Reply #31
@Squeller
your requests will be implemented soon.

@Mazy
I have some doubts about your request, what you said is quite similar to the built-in playlist search function, isn't it?
when you type in an artist name in the search dialog box, it will select all the matched items in the playlist.

@q-stankovic
I don't need the crash log for this problem, just tell me how I can reproduce the error is fine.
the current workaround for you is to remove the missing dsp in the dsp manager, which is indicated as "ERROR".

I've personally tried to produce the missing dsp situation, but it works fine for me though.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #32
Thanks Acropolis. I'm not sure which of my millions of requests you mean, but I'm quite happy

Another feature request in that flavour: Jump by tags. Navigating through big playlists, I basically use up/down and pgup/pgdown on my remote controllable foobar. It would be nice to have a command, which jumps to a next/previous tag change. So if the current %album% is "a", the next selected track would be the next which isn't "a", but something else.
Squeller, that's basically what i requested before - that was foo_pl_hopper's functionality. i also use remote and skip to previous / next album (directory in my case), it is *very* handy imho ...
Ah, you understand me  This is what I'm dreaming of, jump to next directory, yes... Not playing, just jumping inside the playlist to the next entry... I'm having big playlists and it is not that easy to navigate inside them. In my trackinfo panel I display a part of the directory hierarchy,... but I always have to look closely at it, sometimes with page down I accidentally skip over an album I was searching for....

To me, this is also a subject of making everything easily accessible and understandable for my wife. Yesterday she was pretty sick of the notebook solution, nothing did work. Now I introduced a panic button on my rc, which lets girder finish winamp, media player, ... sets volume to max, finish some other crap and restarts foobar...

Today she realized why it didn't work: she used the wrong remote control. 

foo_menu_addons

Reply #33
Ah, you understand me  This is what I'm dreaming of, jump to next directory, yes... Not playing, just jumping inside the playlist to the next entry... I'm having big playlists and it is not that easy to navigate inside them. In my trackinfo panel I display a part of the directory hierarchy,... but I always have to look closely at it, sometimes with page down I accidentally skip over an album I was searching for....

I have some implementation choices with me now. does "jump to the next artist" mean jump to the next artist which is diff. from the current playing one? or selected one? if the selected one, what about multiple selected items?

btw, startup playlist is implemented, but keyboard short-cut mapping will not be supported (not making any sense because the number of playlists can be changed at any time).

foo_menu_addons

Reply #34
Acropolis, it's about navigating through playlists, so what mazy and me mean is jumping to the previous/next playlist entry with tags different from the currently selected track (different from the playing one does not make sense). IMO, even if there are more tracks selected, one of them is really active (it has a border, trackinfo panel shows it, and if you press enter, this one will be played). It would be very versatile if you let us navigate by a user defined string btw.

Thank you very much!

foo_menu_addons

Reply #35
Acropolis, it's about navigating through playlists, so what mazy and me mean is jumping to the previous/next playlist entry with tags different from the currently selected track (different from the playing one does not make sense). IMO, even if there are more tracks selected, one of them is really active (it has a border, trackinfo panel shows it, and if you press enter, this one will be played). It would be very versatile if you let us navigate by a user defined string btw.

Thank you very much!

ok,  but you said user defined string, should it be user defined tag name? I guess not the actual tag value, otherwise doesn't make sense to me, because it must be different from the active item.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #36
ok,  but you said user defined string, should it be user defined tag name? I guess not the actual tag value, otherwise doesn't make sense to me, because it must be different from the active item.
You are right, a string does not make sense. It should do this:

Jump to the previous/next playlist entry whose TAG value are different from the selected entry one.
WHERE
TAG is one single tag. I'm not too sure if you really need to make it user definable, which means you'll have to add a properties page. Probably the most important tags are directory (absolute path!), album and artist. Please be case insensitive.

Another idea: "jump to previous/next" and "jump to previous/next and play". The latter would be an equivalent to foobars internal previous/next command.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #37
You probably have seen the startup playlist function has already been developed by someone else... Sorry, didn't know that. So there's just the hopping funtionality that is mostly wanted

foo_menu_addons

Reply #38
I have two entries in the root of context menu (Move to a specified position and Move to the middle). For some reason I want them placed somewhere else but they don't show up in Preferences->Context Menu. Any reason for that?

foo_menu_addons

Reply #39
I have two entries in the root of context menu (Move to a specified position and Move to the middle). For some reason I want them placed somewhere else but they don't show up in Preferences->Context Menu. Any reason for that?

I don't quite understand what you mean.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #40

I don't quite understand what you mean.

Those two items, I want them placed somewhere else (eg. under Edit Other sub-menu) but I can't seem to do this in Preferences, as they don't appear in there.

I am using the latest beta of foobar2000 and this was possible with the previous version of your plugin

foo_menu_addons

Reply #41
Those two items, I want them placed somewhere else (eg. under Edit Other sub-menu) but I can't seem to do this in Preferences, as they don't appear in there.

i see, this is because those items added by the component belong to the mainmenu group, but those like "Edit Other" items belong to the context menu group, they are different, this is the same reason why you can't add playback (e.g. stop, play, pause) items to the context menu.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #42
Quick access to soundtouch !
Thank you SO MUCH...

cheers

foo_menu_addons

Reply #43
hi,
i have a request for an addtional "move"command: Move after currently playing
This would be quite useful in large playlists. Maybe also a quick way to move tracks between different playlists?

foo_menu_addons

Reply #44
hi,
i have a request for an addtional "move"command: Move after currently playing
This would be quite useful in large playlists. Maybe also a quick way to move tracks between different playlists?

ok, will be added.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #45
Will you add the previously discussed playlist hopping function?

foo_menu_addons

Reply #47
Will you add the previously discussed playlist hopping function?

yes, but recently I'm playing with dsp, so don't have much motivation to add things to this component yet 

foo_menu_addons

Reply #49
You probably have seen the startup playlist function has already been developed by someone else... Sorry, didn't know that. So there's just the hopping funtionality that is mostly wanted

what was the component that has the startup playlist functionality? the post seems to be deleted.
anyway, I've written the code before that post, just wondering if to remove my code for that.