Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Connect Delta 2496 to XDACv3 (Read 3110 times) previous topic - next topic

Connect Delta 2496 to XDACv3

Has anyone been able to connect an m-audio Delta audiophile 2496 spdif out to a Music Fidelity X-DACv3? The X-DAC does not lock on the input. The Delta control panel shows the signal on the spdif out. I tried with an Asus M2N-E running Vista and a VIA EN700 running XP. It's the VIA I need to work. Using m-audio driver 5.10.0.5065. It does lock on the M2N mainboard spdif out, running either Vista or XP. The X-DAC spec says it supports 16, 20, or 24 bit rates, and the guy in the following link was able to successfully link a variety of formats to the X-DACv3:

Stereophile: Musical Fidelity X-DACv3 D/A processor

Thanks for any advice.

Reply #1
Do you have H/W Out S/PDIF linked to WaveOut S/PDIF on the Patchbay/Router tab?

The Master Clock on the Hardware Settings tab should be set to Internal Xtal.

The Data Type under Advanced Settings on the S/PDIF tab should generally be Audio.

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply. The new drivers have a new control panel:

M-AUDIO - Knowledge Base

The Master Clock on the Hardware Settings tab should be set to Internal Xtal.

The Data Type under Advanced Settings on the S/PDIF tab should generally be Audio.

Under the hardware tab I have "sync source" set to internal, and "spdif settings/data type" set to audio.

Do you have H/W Out S/PDIF linked to WaveOut S/PDIF on the Patchbay/Router tab?

The new m-audio control panel does not have a Patchbay/Router tab, I did set the Delta SPDIF device as the default device under Windows/Control Panel/Sounds. Also, on the m-audio control panel I set the mixer's fader level for "spdif rtn" to 0 (unit gain), but I don't think mixer settings would effect sync lock on the X-DAC. Perhaps I should downgrade to an earlier driver on the VIA, which is using XP anyways.

Edit:
I have, on the output tab, "output source" of "spdif out" set to "sw rtn". btw, none of the other settings seem to work anyways.

Reply #3
I've tried everything I can think of. In Vista you can set formats in the Sounds control panel, so I tried specifying the formats there. From what I can tell from the m-audio docs, setting mode to audio should output PCM at the specified sampling rate, the bits are set by the software, I use foobar2000 for my playback so I can specify the bit rate there.

Is it possible it could be a resistance mismatch? The coaxial cable I have is 75 ohms, which is correct for the x-dacv3.