Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: UPnP MediaRenderer output | discussion (Read 239532 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: UPnP MediaRenderer output | discussion

Reply #400
... Also noticed that the Bose config has a typo on the preferred format, but since it has FLAC as default it probably work anyway.

D'oh! My bad :/

Thanks, anders2, as you said, it worked this way... Anyway, here is the corrected section :)

manufacturer=Bose
model=Bose Soundbar 700
supports-FLAC=true
supports-WAV=false
supports-LPCM=false
supports-pause=true
preferred-format=FLAC

Peter and all involved, thank you for your work!

Reply #401
I am looking into buying a network enabled DAC, like the ELAC discovery, but compatibility with fb2k UPnP MediaRenderer output is important to me. Can anyone recommend one that they have tried or are using currently without any issues? Thanks!

Reply #402
1.3 beta 5-
https://www.foobar2000.org/temp/foo_out_upnp-1.3b5.fb2k-component

Changes
  • New default settings for Sonos.
  • Improved error handling, some internal errors were not reported to the user, for an example when no compatible format could be determined.
  • New settings: force-format, bitdepth, bitdepth-max, dither.

since I had guessed that on the foobar2000 side there was not much else to try, I went to check all the settings of the DAC that is based on the Logitech Media Server, and in fact I found that the DLNA server settings were not active : it was enough to activate the DLNA functions to make the streaming work correctly. It works the play, pauses advancement of the song etc etc ... increase and decrease of the volume ...

The 192/24 files are also correctly recognized by the DAC.
The only settings I've activated are

preferred-format = FLAC
supports-pause = true
supports-FLAC = true

thank you very much Peter for your support.
if I can help you, tell me

Hi abiard,

I'm facing the same issue like you. The playback from foobar2000 via UPnP/DLNA stops after 15 seconds no matter what I do and I've tried everything I've seen here and a few more tricks, but nothing worked.
I'm interested to know what exactly you did to make it work.

One funny thing I've noticed on my setup (daphile/LMS with the UPnP/DLNA Media Interface v1.0 enabled) is that when I boot up the daphile/LMS machine the streaming from foobar2000 doesn't work properly, but if I use the Windows 10 feature "Cast to" from file explorer, then the streaming from foobar2000 will work perfectly fine until I reboot it or until I restart the LMS service. And it seems that the "Cast to" feature somehow sets up the streaming server on the daphile/LMS so that it starts showing the correct playback status in the console ("Transport state: PLAYING" instead of "Transport state: TRANSITIONING"). I might try to capture the network traffic to try to find what's the difference between the two scenarios...

@Peter Thank you for the awesome and useful plugin! I was wondering if you could, maybe, shed some light onto this issue?

Reply #403
@Peter Additional info:
I've tried to capture the network traffic, but I could not see why the above described issue occurs, but I've seen something wrong that is probably unrelated to the issue itself. There are some HTTP subscribe requests from my PC to the daphile/LMS:

Code: [Select]
Transmission Control Protocol, Src Port: 50780, Dst Port: 9000, Seq: 1, Ack: 1, Len: 302
Hypertext Transfer Protocol
    SUBSCRIBE /plugins/UPnP/http://10.0.0.200:44603/plugins/UPnP/MediaRenderer/RenderingControl/eventsub?player=5a%3Ad4%3A11%3A14%3A90%3A14 HTTP/1.1\r\n

And the response is:

Transmission Control Protocol, Src Port: 9000, Dst Port: 50780, Seq: 34, Ack: 304, Len: 239
[2 Reassembled TCP Segments (272 bytes): #62(33), #63(239)]
Hypertext Transfer Protocol
    HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed\r\n

The response makes sense since the request contains bad URL which has "/plugins/UPnP/" preceeding the "http://......"

Cheers

Reply #404
I suppose casting to built-in media renderer on Sony TV is supported and should work? I can't get mine working though. foobar2000 sees the renderer but I get the error:

[UPnP] Listening on: 192.168.1.55
[UPnP] Stream address: http://192.168.1.55:14794/35/stream.flac
[UPnP] SetAVTransportURI failure: denied
[UPnP] Detached transport op failure: denied

Casting to Kodi running on the same TV works fine. The model is Sony KD-65XE9005. I can provide detailed logs if needed.

Reply #405
1.3 beta 5-
https://www.foobar2000.org/temp/foo_out_upnp-1.3b5.fb2k-component

Changes
  • New default settings for Sonos.
  • Improved error handling, some internal errors were not reported to the user, for an example when no compatible format could be determined.
  • New settings: force-format, bitdepth, bitdepth-max, dither.

since I had guessed that on the foobar2000 side there was not much else to try, I went to check all the settings of the DAC that is based on the Logitech Media Server, and in fact I found that the DLNA server settings were not active : it was enough to activate the DLNA functions to make the streaming work correctly. It works the play, pauses advancement of the song etc etc ... increase and decrease of the volume ...

The 192/24 files are also correctly recognized by the DAC.
The only settings I've activated are

preferred-format = FLAC
supports-pause = true
supports-FLAC = true

thank you very much Peter for your support.
if I can help you, tell me

Hi abiard,

I'm facing the same issue like you. The playback from foobar2000 via UPnP/DLNA stops after 15 seconds no matter what I do and I've tried everything I've seen here and a few more tricks, but nothing worked.
I'm interested to know what exactly you did to make it work.

One funny thing I've noticed on my setup (daphile/LMS with the UPnP/DLNA Media Interface v1.0 enabled) is that when I boot up the daphile/LMS machine the streaming from foobar2000 doesn't work properly, but if I use the Windows 10 feature "Cast to" from file explorer, then the streaming from foobar2000 will work perfectly fine until I reboot it or until I restart the LMS service. And it seems that the "Cast to" feature somehow sets up the streaming server on the daphile/LMS so that it starts showing the correct playback status in the console ("Transport state: PLAYING" instead of "Transport state: TRANSITIONING"). I might try to capture the network traffic to try to find what's the difference between the two scenarios...

@Peter Thank you for the awesome and useful plugin! I was wondering if you could, maybe, shed some light onto this issue?

Hi MomirPeh,

actually at first I thought it was a problem related to the DLNA plugin, but later on I realized that using the cast function of Windows 10 before playing music from foobar, everything works without problems. I have no idea what the problem is, but if it works for me, that's fine. Perhaps Peter will be able to find a solution by checking the code.
Another strange thing that I noticed: changing the version of picore player in "Audio enthusiast version" the problem reappears.
bye

Reply #406
Is it possible to add option not to transcode to any format, but direct play? That way external player (avr receiver \ amp) would just read file as is.

Reply #407
And most external players don't support the wealth of arbitrary formats that foobar2000 does. And they don't usually support ReplayGain or DSP filtering, either.

May as well just use a UPnP server app to serve your raw files, instead of using a complete player.

Reply #408
I know i can run UPnP server and control with some app from the phone. But i wanted to control from pc in foobar2000.

And what about sending song name (artist - track) to external player? Also cover and proper song time (start end time).  Is it possible to add that in plugin?

Reply #409
All of that involves sending original supported files to the remote device, which is usually limited to MP3 and MP4 files, and nothing else. And you will lose gapless playback, as most devices won't support that, since it requires somehow starting a new file while the remainder of the current file is still playing.

Reply #410
I am not sure how it works, sends file to or just tells avr receiver read file. But with MediaMonkey and JRiver player my receiver is able to play file as is - flac, m4a, mp3, alac, dsf.  Basically all formats that are supported is played as is. Only ones that are not - transcoded.

I guess not so much ppl care about upnp\dlna. Other way it would have been fully implemented already.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reply #411
Hello, I have a problem with my receiver Pioneer VSX-LX 503 and Onkyo NCP-302 Wireless Network Speaker. I do not see them in output devices. This summer I saw the same problem with Pioneer N-70AE receiver here, I installed foo_out_upnp-debug.fb2k-component but my devices are still not shown. Can it be fixed?

Reply #412
Hello, I have a problem with my receiver Pioneer VSX-LX 503 and Onkyo NCP-302 Wireless Network Speaker. I do not see them in output devices. This summer I saw the same problem with Pioneer N-70AE receiver here, I installed foo_out_upnp-debug.fb2k-component but my devices are still not shown. Can it be fixed?
after investigating this problem I found that receiver Pioneer VSX-LX 503 works with this plugin after restart, but Onkyo NCP-302 Wireless Network Speaker still do not work. also I do not see in available devices Google Cast Devices that are available in BubbleUPnp

Reply #413
after investigating this problem I found that receiver Pioneer VSX-LX 503 works with this plugin after restart, but Onkyo NCP-302 Wireless Network Speaker still do not work. also I do not see in available devices Google Cast Devices that are available in BubbleUPnp

I found that only two programs (from what i tested) work well with upnp \ dlna players. Its MediaMonkey and JRiver Media Center. MusicBee is ok too, but it streams always in PCM format.

Reply #414
As Black Friday is getting closer: which speaker works better with foo_out_upnp: Sonos One or Libratone Zipp? Any hands-on experience?

Reply #415
I have a Sonos One which works fine with flac streaming via foo_out_upnp.

Reply #416
Thanks very much for sharing this! I will look for a Sonos One!

Reply #417
Also I found that after I restart receiver or Wireless Network Speaker by power, foobar sees them for a short time and even plays music through them, but after some time these devices are lost from available devices until next reset by power. When they were available I saved infos about these devices with foo_out_upnp-debug.fb2k-component plugin. And I added infos that BubbleUPnp shows about these devices as Google Cast Device, maybe it helps to discover Google Cast Devices with this plugin.

Reply #418
That is awesome project. I'm building own dlna renderer on esp32 dev. kit and it works great for now.
I just have one question for author, can you add options to send current track author and title  ? maybe AVTransportURIMetaData ?
On renderer I can made support for AVTransportURIMetaData, query in url and much more.
Anyway big thanks for this component!

Reply #419
Hello. How to adjust the music volume? You have to use an equalizer for this. The normal volume control does not work.

Reply #420
After 3 weeks I can confirm that foo_out_upnp works fine with Sonos!
The only problem I have encountered was with tracks having 10-15s silence at the end. Here Sonos/foo_out_upnp seems to try to skip the silence and jump directly to the next title in the playlist, a behaviour which I do not see for the Default Output at foobar. The problem with this skipping is that it does not seem to be stable, sometimes it works, but sometimes playback is getting stuck at this point. A looong crossfade helps here.
Anybody knowing anything about this silence skipping feature with Sonos/foo_out_upnp?
Merry Christmas  :)

Reply #421

Reply #422
Hello,
I have a "reactivity" problem : I am using a Raspberry with the MoOde distribution. The MoOde UPnP renderer is immediately found by BubbleUPnP on my portable phone (which shows it is working correctly), but in using Foobar I must wait several minutes to let UPnP Mediarenderer Output find the renderer.
Once found it stays active without problem, but if I quit Foobar and start it again I have to wait several minutes until the MoOde renderer is found again.

The device properties are :
Friendly name : Moode UPNP
IP address : 192.168.1.12
Presentation URL : http://192.168.1.12:49152/upmpd/presentation.html
Manufacturer : JF Light Industries
Manufacturer URL : https://opensourceprojects.eu/u/medoc/profile/
Model : UpMPD
Model number : 1.0
Model description : UPnP front-end to MPD
Model URL : https://opensourceprojects.eu/p/upmpdcli/code/
Serial number : 42

Any way to improve ?
Thanks,
John

Reply #423
Hi, I am finding that this component works fine except when my computer is on the 5GHz wireless network on my router.  It works fine when the computer is on the 2.4GHz network.  Does anyone have any idea why this is so, or if there is some way around this?  I would like to have my computer on the 5GHz network because it is faster.  I posted this already on another thread but perhaps this is the correct one for this component.  Thanks!

Mark

Reply #424
Never mind, found the answer, posted on the other thread.