Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fb2k_v1.5.0_Beta 18, Volume slider is not functioning. (Read 1369 times) previous topic - next topic

Fb2k_v1.5.0_Beta 18, Volume slider is not functioning.

regardless of what I am playing in Foobar2000 v1.5.0_Beta18, the volume slider is not functioning at all...
I can move it left to right and back and the volume is not changing at all...

Re: Fb2k_v1.5.0_Beta 18, Volume slider is not functioning.

Reply #1
nvm it was a glitch in output:device selection..
 I just decided to check it out of intuition and found it blank...
once I re-selected the device:[Speakers {Realtek High Definition Audio} ] the volume control started working again... lol..
works fine under  device:[Primary Sound Driver] too...

I'm not sure what or how this happened..

Reply #2
nvm my nvm it happened it happened again... I had to re-select the output device...
Peter please look into this...

Reply #3
This is the problem we spotted that delayed beta 18. But Peter decided not to add any last minute changes as the bug has been present forever. There will be at least one more beta before stable release to test the fix for this.

Reply #4
This is the problem we spotted that delayed beta 18. But Peter decided not to add any last minute changes as the bug has been present forever. There will be at least one more beta before stable release to test the fix for this.
ok

Reply #5
Problem appears related to audio device identifiers changing nonsensically after fb2k startup.

If you can reproduce it reliably with fb2k 1.5 series (note that getting it to trigger again requires fb2k restart), please try with 1.4 and 1.3 series also -
https://www.foobar2000.org/old

As far as I can tell this bug must be several years old at least. I've been able to trigger it with fb2k 1.4.3 on Windows 7.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #6
ooh ok.. its just it never happened to me before... like this... 

when I do a Realtek HD Audio driver update, I have to re-select the output device if I had speakers selected before...

it happens every time I run Foobar2000 v1.5.0_Beta18 now.. well almost every time.. it seems to have stopped for the moment..
I will post again the next time it happens..

and yes I use Windows 7 as well...  ULTIMATE SP1 (x64)

Reply #7
Should be fixed in beta 19.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #8
ok, thx Peter