Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Python module and docs for reading FPL playlist files is available (Read 3314 times) previous topic - next topic

Python module and docs for reading FPL playlist files is available

Hello, we believe we have a working understanding of the undocumented FPL format and have generated some documentation to help others to understand it as well.

We have provided a Python module that so that others can incorporate the ability to read .fpl playlists into their own Python applications. A number of test cases are also in place.

Documentation and source code are at https://github.com/rr-/fpl_reader

Please test with your own FPL files! We want to know what breaks. We intend to support FPL files created by fb2k 0.9.1 and newer.

Feedback and testing appreciated.

Re: Python module and docs for reading FPL playlist files is available

Reply #1
Interesting... I need to try this.
Out of curiousity (and without trying it :D), is Foobar managing its' internal playlists (i.e. all shown in playlist tabs / playlist manager UI elements), through a single .fpl file by chance...?
I need a way to mass export playlists from foobar... and convert them to be used in other programs.... either via m3u or xpsf. So this could be one breadcrumb along the way (as I can poke python... but am useless w C...)
Cheerio.
c.

Reply #2
^You can already save all foobar playlists as m3u/m3u8 at once. Just hold down Shift before clicking on the File menu.

Reply #3
^You can already save all foobar playlists as m3u/m3u8 at once. Just hold down Shift before clicking on the File menu.
Brilliant, you just made my day!
Thanks marc2003!
Will test it out tonight when I'm home again.
Cheers.
c.