Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 w/BubbleUPnP Server (Read 10333 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 w/BubbleUPnP Server

I'm running:
Foobar2000 with UPnP DLNA Renderer, Server, Secure Point component
BubbleUPnP Server
both under Windows 7

On my Android phone I'm running BubbleUPnP UPnP/DLNA app and I've paid for a license.

Everything's running fine and I'm streaming music from my Windows 7 PC to my phone which was my goal.

Some questions you might be able to help with:

Does this setup require the UPnP DLNA Renderer, Server, Secure Point component? Does BubbleUPnP Server need to see the media server? Or do I have it installed for no reason? If this setup does require the component, does the port (default 56923) have to be forwarded and open? Currently it is.

Does Foobar2000 have to be running on my Windows 7 machine when I wish to stream via the BubbleUPnP UPnP/DLNA Android app? It seems like when I close it, the phone app no longer works.

Thanks!

Reply #1
Does this setup require the UPnP DLNA Renderer

Yes if you mean the renderer on the app if on the local machine not really. Not quite sure what the Secure Point component is, I have the server and the android app working fine and never came across this.

BubblePNP server is the media server and needs to be installed on the machine with the media along with the UPNP plugin for foobar. Yes the ports need to be open for the software to stream music to your phone. Foobar needs to be open due to the UPNP plugin connecting to the server which in turn connects to the app on the phone.

Foobar2000/UPNP plugin - BubbleUPNP Server - Mobile device/Other UPNP device IE another copy of Foobar2000 with the UPNP plugin.

Reply #2
Does this setup require the UPnP DLNA Renderer

Yes if you mean the renderer on the app if on the local machine not really. Not quite sure what the Secure Point component is, I have the server and the android app working fine and never came across this.

"UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point" is the full name of the component. (http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_upnp)

BubblePNP server is the media server and needs to be installed on the machine with the media along with the UPNP plugin for foobar. Yes the ports need to be open for the software to stream music to your phone. Foobar needs to be open due to the UPNP plugin connecting to the server which in turn connects to the app on the phone.

Thanks. It works, so I can leave everything as-is.