Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multimedia Keys (Read 5273 times) previous topic - next topic

Multimedia Keys

I have a Gateway multimedia keyboard running their proprietary Multimedia Keyboard software. Currently, I cannot make foobarv0.586 recognize the play, stop, previous, next keys above my F-keys. I noticed that there is an option for foobar to disable multimedia keys now, but mine have never worked.

I know that the keys represent some complex Ctrl+Alt+Win+something combination, but pressing the key in foobar doesn't make it "learn" the combination, nor does foobar recognize the Win key anyway.

If anyone has suggestions or could bump this up as a bug/feature fix, please let me know.

Multimedia Keys

Reply #1
Foobar's multimedia keyboard support means supporting Microsoft's WM_APPCOMMAND messages. If your keyboard used same interface it would be supported. Perhaps update for the driver software could add this.

Multimedia Keys

Reply #2
I did a tiny bit of research at Gateway's site. The Gateway part no. 7001603 corresponds to a LiteOn Multifunction keyboard. Indeed the keys on it correspond to combinations that require the Windows key. Perhaps support for the Windows key could be added to foobar's hotkey capabilities? (This is one of the main reasons I am not yet using foobar)

Multimedia Keys

Reply #4
I don't know - maybe someone knows.
does fb2k allows to run it with some parameter and it makes some action?
I mean that i have a shortcut: foobar2000.exe -play
and it makes the same action like I would press play.
or foobar2000.exe -next
plays next song.
If that would be possible than I could program my multimedia keyboard not using some already defined key-commands.

[sorry 4 my english ]
I'm only noise on the wires...

Multimedia Keys

Reply #5
foobar2000.exe /play /next /playpause etc. should work.

Multimedia Keys

Reply #6
big thx!
it's working. but maybe there's some place where can I find wall those commands ?

Multimedia Keys

Reply #7
but maybe there's some place where can I find wall those commands ?

Give parameter /? to foobar2000.exe.

Multimedia Keys

Reply #8
thx one more time
thx to you at last I can use my multimedia keyboard do control foobar

Multimedia Keys

Reply #9
I have Mitsumi Millennium multimedia keyboard. It has no drivers and only default Windows XP drivers for it are installed. If FB2K is focused keys work just fine. Except mute key which doesn't work. If I minimise FB2K to tray mute works and volume control keys work but all other keys stop working. Am I doing something wrong? Multimedia keyboard support is enabled in FB2K settings. I am using FB2K 0.586.
Live long and prosper!

Multimedia Keys

Reply #10
I still haven't seen any developers addressing the Windows-key implementation. Is this a zero-priority request? I feel that there are at least a few people who would like this to be implemented (especially me)

Thanks.

Multimedia Keys

Reply #11
Is this a zero-priority request?

Indeed