Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp3 AAC plugin (Read 4718 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp3 AAC plugin

Hi,

I quickly wrote an AAC Winamp3 plugin. It works with Winamp3 beta 1, which still seems to be extremely buggy. So let's hope for newer beta versions soon :-)
The code is in CVS and all it does currently is play a file, no seeking or info whatsoever yet. So if you want you can try it out.
www.audiocoding.com
Have fun,

Menno

Winamp3 AAC plugin

Reply #1
Hmmm, it also seems to stop halfway a file most of the times.
I hope to be able to spend some more time on it in the next week. Unfortunately there is no real documentation yet for Winamp3's plugin structure.

Menno

Winamp3 AAC plugin

Reply #2
Well what can you expect from a beta plugin for a beta player  I think it is impressive to get a plugin out this quickly though.  I'm sure most of the issues will be resolved in time.

Now we just need to start getting an MPC plugin and a Vorbis plugin going and everything will be all set....

Winamp3 AAC plugin

Reply #3
Whoa.. :eek: That was fast.. Good work, Menno!