Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: audio comparator tool (Read 4156 times) previous topic - next topic

audio comparator tool

hi guy,

i need a software that can use to compare 2 sound waves file. 1 is generated sound wave and another is received sound wave, to check whether the usb device are reliable to transmit the audio file.
do u guys have any suggestion on that?

p/s : is better that the software provide with the feature that indicate that the sound waves that I'm testing whether " Pass or Fail"

thanks

audio comparator tool

Reply #1
foobar2000 with foo_bitcompare can do the job.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

audio comparator tool

Reply #3
hi. how do i do that. i alrdy hav foobar. do i need manually install the feature ? or it already inside foobar?
thanks

You did click on the link and read the documentation didn't you?

audio comparator tool

Reply #4
check whether the usb device are reliable to transmit the audio file.

It depends on the device: if your USB device is 'transmitting' the file digitally (e.g. USB wifi/3G dongle), then any file comparison tool will do the job.  If there's processing involved, (e.g. a looped-back USB audio interface), then you'll need a tool like Audio Diffmaker

audio comparator tool

Reply #5
check whether the usb device are reliable to transmit the audio file.

It depends on the device: if your USB device is 'transmitting' the file digitally (e.g. USB wifi/3G dongle), then any file comparison tool will do the job.  If there's processing involved, (e.g. a looped-back USB audio interface), then you'll need a tool like Audio Diffmaker

hi thanks... there is looped-back interface involved.
any other tools u can recommend except the audio diffmaker?
thanks

audio comparator tool

Reply #6
The other that springs to mind is RMAA

audio comparator tool

Reply #9
IMO the task always involves aligning samples of the two tracks. Is there a simple utility to help with this chore? I know only about http://axel-sommerfeldt.de/wavdiff001123.zip (incl. source code) or http://asp.lionhost.ru/en/tools_wavdiff.html (closed source).

The AFsp toolsuite includes CompAudio, which allows to do this, and search for the delay. Google for AFsp audio and you'll find it. (It's open source as well)

audio comparator tool

Reply #10
The AFsp toolsuite includes CompAudio, which allows to do this, and search for the delay. Google for AFsp audio and you'll find it. (It's open source as well)

Thanks for the hint, I did not know about AFsp toolsuite.

audio comparator tool

Reply #11
i need something like fourier rocks. anyone have any idea?