Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: k9 + foobar = problem (Read 1365 times) previous topic - next topic

k9 + foobar = problem

Hello,

As other people have already noted, the k9 internet filter blocks all connections from foobar (it's the only program that generates problems). Is there a fix (to be made) for this?

Re: k9 + foobar = problem

Reply #1
I doubt this is foobar's fault... probably some component is trying to connect to a shady server. Please give more details.

Might be related to this
| QAAC ~ 192 kbps |

Reply #2
I have done a clean install of foobar and only loaded a wasapi component, then pressed `get updates` and it said `Could not check for updates: Connection error`, so it does not seem to result from a bad component

Reply #3
Is there any indication why K9 is blocking foobar? There may be a false positive.

I wonder if K9 is dinging fb2k because the installer is no longer digitally signed.

Reply #4
@glenngulda
Try whitelisting www.foobar2000.org or foobar's exe if k9 supports that.
http://www1.k9webprotection.com/support/kb/K9155.html

I wonder if K9 is dinging fb2k because the installer is no longer digitally signed.
Here's a post from 2015, so it seems it's not because the installer.
| QAAC ~ 192 kbps |