Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A handy comprehensive set of command-line instructions for EAC 1.0.3 (Read 11114 times) previous topic - next topic

A handy comprehensive set of command-line instructions for EAC 1.0.3

i use EAC through the current version of Ubuntu under Wine
So all the commands listed below work on Windows [change path to encoder if there is path to encoder in the command line]  and the settings are written here for Ubuntu [see bottom of page to install 1.0.3 on Ubuntu]

hit F5 to see compression option Box

AFTER version 1.0 b2  all Placeholders were changed

so now for flac

-8 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "PERFORMER=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albumartist%" -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" %source% -o %dest%

for wavpack

-hmx3 -w "Artist=%artist%" -w "Title=%title%" -w "Album=%albumtitle%" -w "Year=%year%" -w "Genre=%genre%"  -w  "Tracknumber=%tracknr%"  -w "Performer=%albuminterpret%" -w "Composer=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=lyrics="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -w "Albumartist=%albumartist%" -w "Discnumber=%cdnumber%" -w "Totaldiscs=%totalcds%" -w "Totaltracks=%numtracks%" -w "Comment=%comment%"        -w "Logfile=@file.ext"  %source% %dest%

for ape [2 routes]

Route 1

• Monkey's Audio
Note: Along with the Monkey's Audio encoder we will be using Case's Wapet to write
APEv2 tags to the Monkey's Audio files.

1 Click EAC, Compression Options.
2 Click the External Compression tab.
3 Enable the Use external program for compression option.
4 Change Parameter passing scheme to User Defined Encoder.
5 In the Use file extension text box type in .ape.
6 In the Program, including path, used for compression text box type in the location
of the WAPET.EXE file or click the Browse button to locate theWAPET.EXE file.

command line:

%dest% -t "Artist=%artist%" -t "Title=%title%" -t "Album=%albumtitle%" -t "Year=%year%" -t "Genre=%genre%" "/home/yourname/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files (x86)/Monkey's Audio\MAC.exe" %source% %dest% -c3000

Alternatively  Route 2  [easier]

forget wapet and ape tags; it is also happy with ID3 tags this much simpler way

tta    [tick add id3 tags for tagging]

-e %source% -o %dest%

tak

Tak works in the same way as ape as it requires 2 codecs wapet.exe which writes the tags and that you already have for ape and takc.exe which you find here and in the zip

%dest% -t "Artist=%artist%" -t "Title=%title%" -t "CD artist=%albumartist%" -t "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -t "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -t "Year=%year%" -t "Genre=%genre%" -t "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -t "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" -t "COMMENT=%comment%" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\Flac\Takc.exe" -e -p2 %source% %dest%

Alac[Audio Lossless Advanced Codec]

--no-optimize -A -i %source% -o %dest% --artist "%artist%" --title "%title%" --album "%albumtitle%" --date "%year%" --track "%tracknr%" --genre "%genre%"  --comment "%comment%"
  --composer "%composer%"  --track "%tracknr%"

place the entire qaac folder from here into flac folder in EAC and use qaac.exe

shorten is the easiest of them all

mp3HD

(click for info)

is a hybrid format. it plays lossless in winamp with a plugin. It plays lossy
everywhere else but i include it as it is rather an oddity

Code: [Select]
-if %source% -of %dest% -br 320000

ensure you have regular mp3 lame encoder present too as it needs that for the lossy part
AND make absolutely sure that you have done this: right click on mp3hdEncoder open with
Wine and say Yes to agreement otherwise it will not work

=============================

INSTALLING 1.0.3 ON UBUNTU is a bit of a performance but follow those steps and you should be there...

SO TO INSTALL EAC 1.0 beta 3 under Wine

1. INSTALL WINE

2. Download latest version of eac

then run

cd ~/.wine/dosdevices/c\:/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Exact\ Audio\ Copy/
regsvr32 sql*

which will give you in your terminal

~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Exact
> Audio Copy$ regsvr32 sql*
> Successfully registered DLL sqlceca35.dll
> DllRegisterServer not implemented in DLL sqlcecompact35.dll
> Successfully registered DLL sqlceoledb35.dll
> DllRegisterServer not implemented in DLL sqlceqp35.dll
> DllRegisterServer not implemented in DLL sqlcese35.dll

3.  At this point  1.0 will appear but may not see your cd drive

to remedy that

sudo mkdir /media/cdrom0

sudo gedit /etc/fstab

Add this line at bottom on a new line

/dev/sr0   /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec   0 0

save

Go to:

Applications/Wine/Configure Wine/Drive/Add a new drive [ call it D or whatever is not already in use]

and do this

now your drive is visible![/font][/size]
yea yer roight !

Reply #1
AAC

using qaac.exe used higher up in thread for alac one can produce good quality aac/m4a files

with this in the command line for a AAC-LC file of about 330kbps

-V 127 -i  %source%  -o  %dest%   --artist "%artist%" --title "%title%" --album "%albumtitle%"  --date "%year%"  --track "%tracknr%" --genre "%genre%"   --band "%albumartist%"  --compilation  --comment "%comment%"

if one wishes for a HE-AAC file this will produce it

--he  -c 38k -i %source%  -o  %dest%   --artist "%artist%" --title "%title%" --album "%albumtitle%"  --date "%year%"  --track "%tracknr%" --genre "%genre%"   --band "%albumartist%"  --compilation  --comment "%comment%"

i am still sweating  finding my way with neroAacEnc on EAC  it seems to refuse the neroAacTag tagging whatever i do [it accepts ID3 well but then only Deadbeef will play those files]
i want it to work so i can obtain those marvelous HE-AACv2 files with SBR

HE-AAC Multichannel for high-quality 5.1 surround sound and HE-AACv2 are the most efficient high-quality audio codecs and used in TV, radio and streaming services worldwide.

There is another codec called fdk-aac which will produce HE-AACv2 files but i cannot see an exe anywhere yet so still investigating that route too...
If anyone knows where to find an exe please say
yea yer roight !

Reply #2
The FLAC commandline won't work.  It will work when you 'Test Encoder" but won't work in practice because one of the quotation marks is incorrectly placed in the %haslyrics% section.
Here's an alternate commandline I use which works in EAC:

-8 -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "ENSEMBLE=%albuminterpret%" -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albumartist%" -T "COMPOSER=%albumcomposer%" -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" -T "SOURCEMEDIA=CD" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" %hascover%-T "PICTURE=%coverfile%"%hascover% %source%

Reply #3
Thread split: Shorten: best sound of all

Part from shantiq's post relevant to this topic:
hi guys and thnx for feedback

BFG  have you tested my flac line "in practice"?

it works very well here.... i would not put it up otherwise; just another way to skin a cat  ....  interesting you do not use
-o %dest%
at the end and still works fine
-T "SOURCEMEDIA=CD"
a new one on me will add it to my line thanx

-8 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "PERFORMER=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albumartist%" -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" %source% -o %dest%

-8 -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "ENSEMBLE=%albuminterpret%" -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albumartist%" -T "COMPOSER=%albumcomposer%" -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" -T "SOURCEMEDIA=CD" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" %hascover%-T "PICTURE=%coverfile%"%hascover% %source%

in fact conflating some of the elements from yours  PICTURE AND SOURCEMEDIA and adding those to my line  retaining %haslyrics% ; it gives

-8 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "PERFORMER=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albumartist%"  -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" -T "SOURCEMEDIA=CD"  -T "PICTURE=%coverfile%"%hascover%  -T "COMMENT=%comment%" %source%

Reply #4
thanx for tidy up Frank

any chance i could ask you to please to move 2 screenshots [tta post 2 and alac  post 4] if possible to the main post and then delete posts 2 and 4 [where screenshots are] and this one here  [i  cannot edit at this point]

Thank you 
yea yer roight !

Reply #5
any chance i could ask you to please to move 2 screenshots [tta post 2 and alac  post 4] if possible to the main post and then delete posts 2 and 4 [where screenshots are] and this one here  [i  cannot edit at this point]

Thank you 
Done.

Reply #6
To answer shantiq's question, I have tried that commandline in practice.  It fails for me any time I try to use a lyrics file (i.e. %haslyrics% is true).  I have found that this works better:
%haslyrics%--tag-from-file="LYRICS=%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics%

-o dest is also completely unnecessary with current versions of FLAC.  (This was discussed in a FLAC forum thread a few weeks ago.)
Also, I'm curious whether you'd consider %composer% or %albumcomposer% to be the correct tag for COMPOSER.

Still, thanks for putting this handy reference up!  It really ought to go in the wiki so it gets more exposure, if you haven't already put it there.

Reply #7
hi BFG  all the tagging info i saw here
he gives that there
Track composer/performer %composer%
CD composer    %albumcomposer%

Good idea on the wiki...  will investigate
yea yer roight !

Reply #8
Hi to all, nice thread  .
For FLAC command line the new standard tags are :

TOTALTRACKS ---> TRACKTOTAL

TOTALDISCS ---> DISCTOTAL

-8 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "PERFORMER=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albumartist%" -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "DISCTOTAL=%totalcds%" -T "TRACKTOTAL=%numtracks%" -T "SOURCEMEDIA=CD" -T "PICTURE=%coverfile%"%hascover% -T "COMMENT=%comment%" %source%

I use this layout for my (new) rips.
Byez.

Reply #9
Hey, have any of you figured out what to pass to the oggenc?  I have a rarewares aotuv tuned ogg encoder but eac is saying it returned an error.  I haven't attempted any of the esoteric encoding parameters the rest of you suggest for lossless files.  I am ripping to flac and then converting later to ogg using foobar2000 to get around this for now.
Also it appears that EAC is now using 100% cpu under wine.  It didn't used to, is it for you guys?  I should admit that my system is well on in years now with an x2 processor and 2gb of ram.

Second edit: Silly me, I changed the encoder from "user defined" to ogg vorbis and it now works great.  Thanks HA.

Reply #10
there is yet one more way to get aac/m4a through EAC  this one also allowing HE-AACv2

and that is using fhgaac.exe from Frauenhofer linked here on HA
[will need to place both libsndfile-1.dll and fhgaac.exe in your Flac folder in EAC if that is where you put your codecs]

code line is:

--cbr 38 --profile hev2 %source%  %dest%
      and click on id3tag for tags

or for say a 320 k

--vbr 320  --profile auto %source% %dest%

NOTA BENE: be aware files ripped with this codec may not play on all players; they do on some of mine but not all ; have a go see how it works for you
for me good on DeadBeef [with all tags]]and Totem[no tags] but not Vlc or Foobar under Wine so far
yea yer roight !

Reply #11
Improved info on previous post: untick id3 box on fhgaac and the files will play on all players
do tagging with an audio tag editor afterwards and that is sorted

So fhgaac.exe will provide a perfect HE-AACv2 file

There are 2 more routes here
NeroAacEnc

place neroAacEnc in your codec folder
code line

-if  %source%   -of %dest%  -br 38000

Again you can tick id3 but will limit players so best not to and tag with audio tag editor afterwards

route number 3 uses fdk aac from Frauenhofer

there are no binary made available but it can be made from the source here

the copyright is here

this one is better than the previous 2 as it allows tagging directly  [no horsing around with post rip tagging]

code is

-b 38k  -a 1 -p 29  --ignore-length   %source% -o %dest%   --artist "%artist%" --title "%title%" --album "%albumtitle%"  
--date "%year%"  --genre "%genre%"  --comment "%comment%"   --composer "%albumcomposer%"

so here are 3 routes to rip to HE-AACv2 on EAC
yea yer roight !